34. Exposed.

At a corner of a restaurant, a handsome young man in white polo and jeans sat down admiring the view outside through his glasses whilst sipping his tea silently.

Clicking of heels distracted his attention and a young lady in a yellow shirt and white trousers walked towards his seat. She adjusted her veil and sat down opposite him dropping her bag. The woman is Gulay and the young man, is Abdul.

"Salam Abdulmumin," she waved her hand with a brilliant smile.

Abdul didn't expect her here and raised an eyebrow. "How did you know I was here? I'm sure I told you to stop stalking me." He said straightaway.

Gulay rubbed her neck still keeping her smile. "I am just concerned Abdulmumin. You are into such a scandal because of Zahra and you must be stressed out. Since it is the weekend, I thought I should call you and have a nice chat to take things off your mind and luckily, you came out for some fresh air too. So I followed you."

Abdul was amazed by such actions and inquired, "Is that what you think?"

"Yeah, Gulay. Is that what you think?" A voice sounded behind her and her eyes widened. She tilted her head unbelievably only to see Zahra standing there in a fushia pink dress and hijab. Of course, her face was covered but Gulay could see the sarcasm in her eyes.

Zahra chuckled and walked over to Abdul.
"Sorry I took time," she apologized cutely.

"I will wait for how long as long as it's you." Abdul smiled and clasped her hand.

The loving gaze they were sharing just pissed Gulay off so that she blurted, "What are you doing here Fatmah Zahra?!"

Zahra frowned and turned to the crazy woman. "What sort of question is that? I'm here with my husband and you are disturbing us with your presence. Are you sick in the head?"

"Don't insult me, Zahra," Gulay warned and looked at Abdul. "I thought you came out alone?"

"My wife is here. Why will I come out alone?" Abdul asked back.

"You know what? You really surprise me a lot Gulay," Zahra said.

Gulay smiled and returned, "Don't you feel ashamed of yourself after all these?"

"Only you seem to still be holding on to those lies." Zahra shrugged. "And I have no idea why you keep stalking my husband. It's so inappropriate and we can sue you for that."

"Stop interfering in my affairs, Zahra." Gulay glared.

Zahra kept her hands on the table and spoke calmly. "You are after my husband and you want me to stay quiet. Do you think that I am stupid or what? If I don't stop, will you do something worse than ruin my reputation?"

Gulay's expression changed and she returned, "What are you trying to say, Zahra?"

Zahra smiled and continued, "You looked into my background and came up with a dirty lie to show the world just to break my marriage. Only Allah knows the amount of sin you have committed and you have to drag other people into it. Don't you think that you went so overboard?"

"You can't accuse me of your misfortune Zahra. Just because you feel guilty, you want to drag into it and look like the victim so that Abdulmumin will pity you?" Gulay gritted her teeth and said to Abdul, "She is a vixen that you can't trust. I have no hand in this."

"I have everything investigated Gulay and Hector confessed that he was sent by a young woman," Abdul said seriously making her hands shake. "He still won't say who because he is afraid of something. And with all your actions, sorry but I can't help but suspect you."

"You can't believe her Abdulmumin!" Gulay cried out.

"Stop overeating okay? " Zahra rolled her eyes and Gulay glared at her, wanting nothing more than to scratch her face. Zahra was unfazed and added, "Did you threaten his family or what? I wonder how your guilty conscience let you sleep every night. I really admire you."

"Just shut up." Gulay gritted her teeth and said word by word.

"Don't waste our time and confess," Zahra frowned and Abdul shook his hand at her. He turned to Gulay and softened his voice.

"I understand what you are feeling now Gulay but you have to understand that I am married too already. If you keep trying to break my marriage up, I'll just end up hating you." He said. They spoke all those words to try to rile Gulay up and from the looks of it, she got scared, disclosing her secret.

"Everything I do is for you Abdulmumin. You need to understand that." Gulay said with a trembling voice and her eyes reddened. Zahra felt a little bit of pity for this woman. What sort of feelings does she have to be this emotional?

Abdul sighed and replied, "It's not all the time that you get what you want Gulay. I am not going to pursue this case anymore because I owe you a favor. I am sure that you missed your presentation back them because you helped me and by Allah, I am still grateful for that and will always assist you if you need any help. But please, stop going after my family."

Gulay clenched her fists so tight that they turned red. "You want to shun me because of her. What makes her so special?"

"Stop it Gulay." Abdul frowned. "Ameerah is my wife and will always be. I am being kind enough already. Take down all the posts you made about her, or I will be forced to expose you and then you will apologize in public. Me not making you apologize to her now is enough okay?"

Gulay breathed heavily and glared at Zahra before sniffing. "I won't forget this humiliation ever in my life. Just you wait." She said and stood up. She grabbed her bag and walked away.

"Wow," Zahra muttered shaking her head. "Is this what they call crazy for love? I'm really surprised." She chuckled.

"Come on Ameerah. Don't you feel angry at all?" Abdul asked curiously.

"Angry for what? She needs treatment." Zahra shrugged.

"I mean…. Forget about it." He eventually waved his hands. Didn't she feel angry that someone was after her husband this much?

Zahra exhaled and stood up. "Now that this is over, I can have a nice rest."

"Where are you going?" Abdul asked standing up.

"Where else but home?" She returned skeptically.

Abdul chuckled and said, "We came out during the weekends and you want to go back without relaxing. I already booked lunch for us."

"You can't be serious," Zahra's lips twitched.

"You have to agree Ameerah. Someone might be watching us." Abdul said cheekily and clasped her hand. Zahra rolled her eyes and followed him. They entered a secluded room and Zahra's face dampened remembering the time they signed that contract.

"What's wrong? Are mesmerized by the outline?" Abdul asked, waving his hand before her face.

"Oh. Yes." She nodded and sat down, before untying her niqab. Abdul sat down opposite her and kept his glasses when he froze staring at his wife's face.

"You look gorgeous Ameerah. Same as every day." He muttered unknowingly and she stopped moving.

Abdul realized what he said and laughed awkwardly. "I was just joking. I was…referring to the room. It's gorgeous." He said.

Zahra eyed him and turned her gaze to the menu. Her emotions were fluttering as the words rang in her ears. Will she be able to eat well at all?