42. Emotions in a drawing.

11 o'clock clicked and Abdul was already before Zahra's house. She chuckled wryly and bid farewell to Hazaan before walking out. Abdul was already outside the car with his hands folded. He flashed a grin seeing her and she smirked under her veil before walking past him to the other side.

Abdul laughed and circled quickly, grabbing her hand before she opened the door. "Why will my queen open the door when I'm here?" He said.

"And when did I agree to be your queen?" Zahra inquired back.

"You are my wife right?" He asked back. Zahra rolled her eyes and he gingerly opened the door, gesturing that she went it. When they were both in the car, Abdul immediately pulled Zahra's veil down and stared at her face.

"Why would you do that?" She pouted but didn't care to pull it up again.

Abdul sighed and uttered dreamily, "If I can drive with your pretty face lighting the car, won't it be a blessing?"

Zahra snorted and held her chin on the chair. Abdul started the drive relieved that she was smiling at least.

Zahra sneaked a glance at Abdul thoughtfully. She had been contemplating things since yesterday. Many patients were lying in the hospital, hoping that they could have even a day to spend with their loved ones, and here she is with four months to live. Shouldn't she take this opportunity to leave them with good memories of her? Zahra realized that in her plan to stay away from everyone, it made them more worried and she lost a part of herself, and bringing herself back made her feel better. She will try her best now to live happily. With such grace from Allah, she should be grateful and use the chance excitedly.

"Khaleef," she called out and he hummed.
"I want to paint some ideas I've been mulling over recently. Can we branch to a shop and get some items?" She asked softly.

Abdul briefly flashed her a smile and nodded. "I am glad that you want to paint now Ameerah. Are you planning on advertising them?" He inquired.

"Maybe." Zahra shrugged.

"Have you thought about school then?" Abdul decided to try another luck and asked.

"I'm not interested," Zahra said and looked at him. "Are you afraid that others will say that your wife is an illiterate?"

"Come on, who said that?" Abdul exclaimed. "I dare anyone to mention it. I don't care. If you decide on anything, just tell me."

Zahra smiled and kept quiet. They went to the store and got the items Zahra needed. As she checked out the items, Abdul could see zeal and anticipation in his wife's eyes. She must love drawing a lot. The two went back home and Fadilat welcomed them happily. Of course, she scolded Zahra to always tell her when such things happen rather than keep it to herself.

The couple went upstairs to their room and Zahra couldn't help but take in a deep breath. She had no idea when she got used to this room as hers. Her comfortable abode.

"You miss home right?" Abdul whispered behind her.

"It's just one day," Zahra harrumphed and went to the wardrobe to drop her hijab. She almost yelped when she turned around only to meet Abdul's face close to hers.

"Excuse me?" She raised an eyebrow and he smirked caging her by placing his palms on the wardrobes.

"Are you sure that you didn't miss home Ameerah? Lying is bad." He said with a smirk.

Zahra raised her chin and whispered, "I did miss my room and mum. And Laila too."

"What about me?" He asked expectantly.