49. Erkan's schock.

Rezan and Gulay were struck dumb and Zahra gave them a useless look with a smirk. Abdul was calm and had a faint smile as he watched his uncle's reaction become green.

"Mr Shane. What are you trying to say?" He demanded, trying to suppress his anger.

Shane was unfazed and answered, "I came all the way here to work with KT. I already sealed my agreement with the CEO, what's so surprising about it?"

"But you agreed to work with me," Erkan said keeping his voice low.

"No no no," Shane shook his fingers at the man. "I did speak friendly with you and agree that your ideas were nice but as a businessman, I choose the best, and I chose Abdulmumin. I never agreed to work with you. So don't twist the words,"

"Why you?!" Erkan clenched his teeth and pointed at Abdul. "Are you two in cahoots to cheat me? You can't go back on your promise. This will affect your reputation, Mr Gilbert,"

"Point of correction Mr Erkan," Shane frowned. "Don't twist my words because I won't allow it. I am a man of his word and if I promised you anything, I wouldn't break it. You can go ahead and lie to the media, I don't care. I never had a perfect reputation to begin with,"

Erkan felt like burying himself right there. Not only did he publicly agree to relinquish his title in KT, but he just lost someone be put all his hopes into his enemy.

Abdul walked forward and stated, "This has always been your problem Uncke. You don't judge and plan things well before indulging in them. I was afraid that leaving the company to you would destroy it you were still the vice CEO but your arrogance didn't let you focus. You didn't work for your title and Someone else was filing up for you," He exhaled and added, "I am glad that you want to pull out and I will gladly support you,"

Erkan's breathing became ragged. He can't swallow back his words, can he? They do say, that your actions and words can be used to destroy you and he let that happen.

"You are going to regret this Abdulmumin," he threatened.

"You are not the controller of my life Uncle, but Allah." Abdul returned. "I never wanted to bring this issue up in public but you did it yourself and you know that you are to blame for all that is happening. So please, if you are going to distract this exhibition, leave, "

"Good. Very good." Erkan looked at both of them before storming out.

"Sorry for the distraction everyone_" Abdul apologized and walked over to greet Shane. Zahra quickly went over to him and held his hand. He might look calm now but that person trying to destroy him is his uncle. His emotions will always waver.

"So you are the genius who designed all those. You are blessed dear. It's just a pity," Shane said and shook his head. The couple found that weird but ignored it and went on with the day.

Abdul was serious about letting Uncle go and in just two days, he announced that Yildiz would be the vice CEO of KT. Even at such, Erkan's share was left for him to decide whether to take it back or not but the man disappeared again. Time passed and Hassan graduated with perfect scores. Zahra was happy that another wish of hers was completed because Hassan even secured a scholarship in college for himself.

It was a week to Ramadan, weekend.

Zahra was in her favorite spot in their room, the window, designing a timetable for Ramadan. She wasn't as strong as before, so her time management had to change, so she thought of arranging it. They spoke with Laila and Fadilat and Zahra was also in charge of making a food timetable for the month.

She was silently working on her own when Abdul's phone started ringing. He was in the bathroom, so she ignored the call until the second time. After checking and seeing that it was Yildiz, she decided to pick it up.

"Our team over there I ready Khaleef and I have booked our flights already. We leave tomorrow before 8 for the airport," He said immediately.

"Airport?" Zahra asked astonished.

"Oh, Zahra. I'm sorry, I thought it was Abdul," Yildiz said awkwardly.

"Forget about it Yildiz, what were you saying about an airport? Is Khaleef traveling abroad?" She asked quickly.

"He didn't tell you?" Yildiz sounded surprised too."We have to go to a seven-day meeting in Khartoum. I thought you knew about it,"

The door to the bathroom opened coincidentally and Abdul walked out wiping his hair.

"I didn't know," Zahra muttered pinning her gaze on Abdul.

"Oh sorry. I'm sure he was planning to today. I'll just call him later," Yildiz said and ended the call.

Abdul walked over and asked, "Was that Yildiz?"

"Yes and I heard everything," Zahra said angrily and shoved his phone to him. "You are traveling Khaleef. Tomorrow and you didn't plan to tell me. Don't even say you were going to say it tonight because I know you"

Abdul scratched his head and said, "I was going to tell you Ameerah and just delayed it. It will just be a week and we'll be back,"

"Seven days right?" She raised her eyebrows. "It means you are going to miss two days of Ramadan at home. I just wished….you informed me,"

"Don't make a fuse about it" He said calmly. "I didn't want this to happen too because I want to be with you in our first Ramadan together but I promise to call all the time and make sure that you never miss me. And in Sha Allah, we'll be together throughout the month and there's next year too,"

"Next year right?" She snapped. "Are you so certain that you will be alive by next year? I'm not in support of this and I don't care if you are working. Go ahead and spend even the whole month there, I don't care. Just leave this house peacefully and don't get me involved," She hissed and picked up her book before rushing to the bathroom.

Abdul was left there in bewilderment at what just happened. Why would she get angry just because he didn't inform her of his travel? It is normal for her to be upset but she shouldn't react that angrily, right?

Abdul decided to give her time to calm down and went downstairs to tell his mother but even as they went to bed, Zahra didn't look at him, much less talk. Abdul thought that she was overreacting and got upset too.

Only if Abdul knew😭...
Complete the statement guys!