54. No way out.

Zahra almost called Abdul when she heard the sound of his car and She breathed of relief. The door abruptly opened and he staggered inside. Zahra found his behavior weird but shunned it. She cleared her mind and walked upstairs only to meet him removing his shirt. She blinked and turned her gaze away, then walked to the closet. 

She shook a little when she crashed into Abdul after turning around. As she tried to pass by him, he held her back and caged her to the closet. 

"What are you doing Khaleef?" She glared at him. 

"Do you want me to die Ameerah?" He asked languishly and she raised an eyebrow. "What you are doing is hurting me deeply…really. I wished…none of this…is happening and we can have…a happy…and peaceful life. Stop hurting me please." He stuttered helplessly.

Zahra blinked and stared at his face. "Khaleef. Are you drunk?" She asked surprisingly. 

"Huh? Who said that?" He scoffed. 

Her eyes widened and she immediately scolded. "Why would you do that? Are you crazy?!" No matter what, she never expected the situation to lead to this. 

"Yes, I am crazy!" He shouted back and cupped her face. "I am crazy about you Ameerah. You made me like this and I can't change it." 

"It doesn't mean you should indulge in Haram Khaleef. You will disappoint your parents," she muttered, as the feeling of guilt started consuming her.

Abdul sniffed and started blathering. "I am confused Ameerah. I don't like what is happening. Please tell me what is wrong. If you don't like something about me, just say it and I promise that I will change," 

"It's not your fault Khaleef." She said in a trembling voice and she didn't realize that she was crying too. 

He shook his head and cried,
"Of course, it's my fault. I was rude to you at first and brought that contract to life but if we love each other, we can change everything. You are my wife in Islam, there is no way I would want to divorce you know. I love you Ameerah and I want this marriage to work."

"You're making this harder for me," she sobbed and dropped her head down. 

"Nothing's going to work. Just let it go." 

"We can Ameerah." He said holding her cheeks closely.

"No. No." She shook her head and he immediately silenced her with a kiss. Zahra blinked as she held his hands. This was her first kiss and she was glad it was with her husband, the man she loved but she didn't know how to react. 

It's been almost five months, but they have not consummated their marriage yet. Zahra thought to herself, is she going to die a virgin or not? Abdul was drunk now and would possibly forget everything the next morning, so she gave in to her desires and kissed him back. At that moment, nothing else mattered.

…..

The next morning, Abdul woke up with a splitting headache that took a minute to go. He sat up and rubbed his forehead. He frowned remembering what he did last night. Abdul didn't know what drew him to a bar but the temptation of solving his issues at that time was hard to fight. All he knew was that he took a small quantity got drunk and fortunately drove home. From there on, his memory was blank. 

He cupped his face regretting what he did. Zahra must have helped him when he came back home and he dreaded what her reaction was. First of all, he should ask for forgiveness from Allah. That was paramount before his wife. 

He got off the bed and did his ablution before praying subh and duha. He sat down there contemplating how to fix this mess now. Only Allah knew the regret he was feeling. 

The door opened and Zahra worked in with a cup of tea. She stopped seeing that Abdul was awake before walking over. She dropped the teacup on the bed stand and glared at the young man lowering his head.

"So you are awake?" She scoffed, folding her arms. Abdul stayed silent because that was the best thing to do now. 

"Many people go through a lot of issues in their lives but the best Muslim is the one who has patience during this hard moment. You know of that Khaleef and I am confident of the training Miss Fadilat gave you but with just a little crisis going on you decided to indulge in Haram. Why will you even think of getting wasted?!" She scolded angrily. 

"I really don't care if you go ahead and kill yourself but what if someone saw you? You will end up ruining KT company's reputation. Something your father worked hard for. And even worse, what if Mum was at home and she suddenly saw her son drunk? That's just childish and stupid." She ranted. 

Abdul took a deep breath and raised his head. "I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience. I promised this won't happen again but I need your help Ameerah." He muttered. 

She scoffed and returned, "Now don't say this is my fault because I didn't force you to marry me and I gave you a simple way to just end this marriage and the problem will be solved. It's that simple." 

"You seem to want this so badly and keep mentioning it. It's up to me to divorce you and I am not planning on doing so." Abdul said. "Come on Ameerah. Divorce is halal but even Allah doesn't like it. Do you know the wrath you are incurring by bringing it up?" 

"Why didn't you think about that when you were preparing the marriage contract?" She raised an eyebrow. 

Abdul knew she would keep repeating this and by Allah, he didn't know what else to do. His phone started ringing and he frowned before picking it up. 

The young man was silent before exclaiming, "What did you say?" 

Zahra frowned and wondered what happened. Abdul's expression kept changing until he ended the call. He raked his hair and stayed silent for a while. 

"Uncle Erkan owed many investors and scammed a few. Someone sued him and he is in police custody now." He muttered silently. 

Zahra was surprised and wanted to comfort her husband but decided to use the opportunity. She broke into laughter.

Abdul was flabbergasted and looked up at her. She waved her hand and said, "No offense but you have a crooked family." 

Abdul froze as he watched her unbelievably. "Did you just insult my family?" 

"I didn't but It's obvious." She rolled her eyes. 

Abdul held himself back from retaliating and just picked his tea. Zahra harrumphed and walked out. Abdul scowled as he sipped the tea staring ahead dumbly. Ya Allah, why is this happening? He suddenly wished his mother was here. 

He felt clear-headed and took a bath, changing into casual clothing as he wasn't planning on going to work today. 

Abdul was working on his laptop when a call came from Zahra's store. He took the call and his eyes widened hearing what was happening there now. He stood up and quickly ran downstairs. 

"Ameerah!" He called out quickly. She turned around and he stated, "We need to rush to the store right now. Gulay climbed the top balcony and threatened to kill herself if we didn't go there." 

Zahra was agape hearing this and quickly went after him. He started the car and drove there fast.

More drama huh? What is Gulay planning?

Hey! We have a new book cover💃. I hope you like it.

Salam.