58. The secret unveiled.

Abdul was sitting alone in the room filled with emptiness. His phone kept ringing but he didn't bulge and only glanced at it when it became much. He furrowed his brows and picked the call. 

"Melis?" 

"You need to hurry to the hospital brother Abdul. My sister is in the ICU." She sobbed. 

"What?!" Abdul sprang up and asked quickly, "What happened to Ameerah? We just…" 

"Just hurry. Please," Melis pleaded and ended the call. 

Abdul immediately went out and rushed to the hospital. Hazaan, Hassan, Firdaus and Melis were before the doctor's office with worried expressions. Melis was already crying because she was the one who saw the situation Zahra was in and how she was treated in the hospital. 

Abdul knew something bad has happened and the thought of it was making him loose his mind.

The door opened and Doctor Hebrew gestured them inside. Hazaan immediately asked, "What's going on with my daughter, you have to tell us every detail." 

Everyone pinned their gazes on his and he took a deep breath and recounted, 

"I first met Zahra when she fainted on the road one day and I rushed her to the hospital. After a series of tests, we discovered that she had a heart disease. I gave her some drugs but the symptoms kept increasing. She would have slowed breathing, weak limbs and momentary blindness and deafness. It was then we find out that her heart had weekend alot that it won't live without a heart transplant. The surgery was expensive and the chances were half, so Zahra disagreed and decided to keep a secret. She said that she would solve her family issue first and make sure they had a bright future before she dies. 

"With seven months left to live, Zahra took syrups and drugs that calmed her symptoms and will visit the hospital after every attack. It became more serious when she started coughing out blood. It was then that I realized that she was poisoned. It was an unknown poison and uncurable. As time passed, the symptoms got worse and that day she came, we found out she was pregnant.

"If the child gets a heartbeat, the poison will affect it too, so I suggested that Zahra stays under close care so that the embryo can be transferred safely until today." 

It was like no one else was in the room but doctor Hebrew and he was spitting some fairy tale. They couldn't believe it but the dots were connecting. Zahra's change in behavior, her secretive thoughts, repulsion and all. She was staying away from them because she knew she was going to die but no one wanted to believe that their Ameerah was leaving them. 

"My baby…" Hazaan broke into tears as she recalled how her beloved sweet daughter changed all of a sudden. Why didn't she prive into this? Hassan sobbed and hugged his mother. Of all people, why his sister? 

"Bestie…" Firdaus squatted and buried her face in her palms. She can't believe this was happening to her best friend. It can't be. Melis was also heart broken and looked away from them. 

As for Abdul, he just froze there not believing what he was hearing. The reason Zahra wanted to leave him, the reason she was burying her emotions and threatening him for a divorce. The reason she agreed to their marriage at first was because she knew it will end no matter what. 

"Doctor where is my daughter, I need to see her," Hazaan asked crying. 

"Zahra is under special care now. She had a heart attack and fainted. Luckily she was brought to the hospital fast but she will wake up in a few hours ." Hebrew muttered. "Once again, I am sorry." He apologized and walked out of the office, feeling guilty of facing this family. 

Just as promised, Hazaan and the others were allowed to watch Zahra through the window and more tears broke down seeing her pale and slim being. They kept blaming themselves for not detecting anything throughout this time. 

Abdul stood by the side as he had no strength to even glimpse at her. He was scared that he will break down badly. Not only did she hide her illness from him, but thier child too. He used to think that it was just a dream but I turned out to be reality. And now….she was leaving him??

When Zahra woke up in the night, she was scared to see her mother beside her. When darkeness loomed over her , she thought she had died but Allah gave her another chance. A chance that exposed her secret and now she had to face her family.

"Anne?" She mouthed. 

Hazaan bit her fingers and pointed at Zahra. "If you werent sick, I would've beaten you up right now Ameerah? Why would you lie to me?!" She demanded as new tears fell from her eyes again. 

"Anne I'm sorry," Zahra cried with her head down. 

Hazzan shook her head and grabbed Zahra's hands that had drips.

"It's not your fault Ameerah. I should've stayed closer to you than watch you drift away. I was a bad mother. I am sorry." 

"No. It's my fault because I kept secret from you." Zahra sniffed. 

"Secrets?" Hazaan shook. 

"About…father." Zahra couldn't hold it anymore and told her mother what happened with Othman. The more she heard, the more Hazaan felt the world turning. Her husband sold her daughter. For what? For money?

Not long, the mother and daughter duo were hugging each other crying. 

"I wont live for long Anne.. please forgive me." Zahra pleased and Hazaan quickly blocked her mouth. "Don't say that okay? Nothing will happen to you." 

Firdaus and Melis came in next and the scolding she got was on another different level. Rather than pity, what she got was anger for hiding things from them. Everyone was hurt. 

They eventually left her alone that she should meet her husband. From what Firdaus said, Abdul hadn't spoken a word since he heard. She dreaded what his reaction will be and it was better if he didn't come in. 

The door opened as Abdul's gentle footsteps echoed in her ears. He shot the door behind him and walked towards the bed. The room became silent as Zahra recalled all the bad things she said to him. 

She mustered courage to look at him and the look in his eyes scared her. For the first time, she saw extreme anger in Abdul's eyes. 

Next is Finale. Get ready😁