Chapter : 09

Having the ability to know the future can be alluring, but it is crucial to understand that manipulating the flow of time and space can have severe implications

Having the ability to know the future can be alluring, but it is crucial to understand that manipulating the flow of time and space can have severe implications. The consequences of meddling with the natural course of events can bring about dangers that surpass our current understanding. As a result, I must be extremely careful with the knowledge I possess about the future. It is particularly important to exercise caution since Ivan is a regressor.

In every volume of the novel, the Duke Ivan regresses, which is a big problem for me. His actions in the past have already caused the butterfly effect to worsen. If anyone else gets involved, it could be terrifying. Therefore, I must use any loopholes available to me and play my cards as efficiently as possible while avoiding any further butterfly effects.

I gestured with two fingers, forming a V-shape with them. "I have two specific requests," I spoke in a serious tone, taking a sip from my teacup. "Firstly, I need you to gather all the information available about the topaz stone. I need to know everything there is to know." I paused for a moment before continuing, "And secondly, when people come to me seeking information, please provide them with general knowledge only. I don't want any important secrets getting out." With a cold stare, I locked eyes with the person in front of me, making sure my message was clear.

"I assure you, Lady Arya, that we do not sell our clients. You came to us because you know we are trustworthy with the information we provide," the man said with a smug expression.

"That's exactly why I made a second request," I replied, feeling confused by my statement he paused.

"Your guild has access to even the most secretive information, which not even the royal family possesses. However, you only provide information that you deem not valuable while keeping the rest to yourselves," I said, smirking. "Just do what you usually do - give out the worthless information, but keep the valuable information secret."

He was taken aback for a moment and then inquired, "The cost will be substantial. How do you plan to compensate for it?"

I responded by stating, "The blood of the two-headed micro raptor can serve as a potion that works wonders in mana progression, particularly if it's cursed," while maintaining eye contact with him.

In this fantastical world, there exists a powerful force that separates the noble from the commoners: mana. While everyone possesses mana, only a select few are able to harness its power. For those who can do so, the rewards are great - wealth, fame, respect, and all the necessities of life. Those born into noble families without the gift of mana are like empty husks, devoid of the potential that their peers possess.

However, the ability to control one's mana is not without its risks. Those who fail to master it can be consumed by a demon and cursed for the remainder of their days. The process of controlling mana is a difficult one, causing many to falter or even refuse to attempt it out of fear of succumbing to the demon's curse.