Chapter : 77

The debut finally arrived, the Dragun duchy bustling with guests and elegant carriages lining up outside the mansion, creating a competition of grandeur

The debut finally arrived, the Dragun duchy bustling with guests and elegant carriages lining up outside the mansion, creating a competition of grandeur. The ball was the talk of the town, with people eager to secure an invitation. As night fell, the mansion was bathed in the hues of the evening sky, a symbol of the Dragun's hospitality. Gossip swirled around Natasha, the mysterious newcomer, as everyone speculated about her and her connection to the duchy. Arya found it amusing, observing the human behavior akin to ants swarming around sugar.

Holding Ivan's arm like an elegant lady, Arya entered the ballroom. The bustling crowd fell silent at the sight of them, enchanted by their presence, as if God has crafted them with the utmost delicacy. They exuded elegance and nobility, commanding attention as they gazed down at the gathered crowd from the second floor.

Taking Ivan's hand, Arya gracefully descended the stairs, her gown flowing with each step. Ivan's unwavering gaze never left her, captivated by her beauty in the mauve dress, matching the color of her eyes. His adoration for his wife was evident in his eyes, causing the crowd to gasp in surprise; the rumors of the duke being madly in love with his wife were indeed true. Unaware of Ivan's gaze or the attention they garnered, Arya focused on carefully navigating the stairs, ensuring not to wrinkle her dress.

It felt as though they were the main characters of the evening's ball, greeted with polite bows as they descended. As hosts, they engaged in small talk with the guests. Moments later, As Natasha made her grand entrance, the room fell into a hush, captivated by her presence. Her partner was none other than the Ivan's cousin count Leonard Diarist. She moved with an ethereal grace, like a celestial being descending from the heavens. Her beauty was like that of a fairy, bathed in the moonlight's soft glow, casting a spell on all who beheld her.

Her royal blue dress draped flawlessly over her figure, enhancing every curve with elegance. A polite smile graced her lips, radiating warmth and sophistication. Even Arya, known for her unpredictability, couldn't help but be awestruck by Natasha's composed demeanor. She felt like she was looking at a beautiful stranger. It was a moment etched in the minds of all who witnessed it, a vision of beauty that would linger in their memories forever.

Natasha bowed gracefully like a polite lady, but the mesmerized guests made her feel overwhelmed as she wasn't accustomed to such attention. Arya signaled the musicians to start the first dance, kicking off the ball. "May I have the honor, my lady?" Ivan asked Arya for the first dance, and as the duchess, she accepted his hand. Natasha also joined the dance with Lord Leonard, and both pairs took to the center of the room as the music began.

"You look exceptionally beautiful today. I can't take my eyes off of you," Ivan complimented Arya. "Thank you," she replied shortly, cutting off further conversation. Arya's mood indicated she wasn't fully enjoying the dance; although their eyes locked, neither spoke a word.

Their graceful dance captivated the crowd of guests, and as the first song ended, Natasha bowed to her partner and was promptly asked to dance again. Ivan, however, didn't let Arya go, and as the second song began, others also joined in the dance. Despite her discomfort in the long dress and her aching feet, Arya had to dance again. Annoyed, she frowned, eager to end the song and rest.