Chapter : 19

Luxury often ignites a deep yearning desires in people's hearts

Luxury often ignites a deep yearning desires in people's hearts. Especially among the wealthy, whoes thirst for it exceeds beyond of what one can imagine. A privilege that they are born into yet it's true value remains elusive.
Fashion is a word, which is fenced in with the concept of luxury. People bill out millions of money in the name of luxury. Letting the so-called industry ramp them off of their gelt.

One of them is 'Sar'a boutique'. As Arya's ride halted in front of the boutique, the building loomed into view—a split-level structure with an olive-green door beckoning customers. Upon entering, the attached bell chimed. Contrary to its exterior, the decor inside didn't match its reputation; it revealed a different tale altogether.

Madam Fredeca greeted her warmly, "Welcome, Lady Arya. I'm delighted you accepted my invitation," she said, her smile polite yet broad.
"Hello, Madam Fredeca," Arya replied with a nod, glancing around. The entrance room boasted the finest furniture, vases, and mannequins adorned with luxurious dresses and jewels—a tempting trap for a lady of fashion cravings.

Madam Fredeca adorned herself with a measurement tape draped elegantly around her neck, a testament to her meticulous craft. A vibrant pincushion graced her left wrist, a colorful accent to complement her attire. She exuded grace in a pristine white shirt paired with boot-cut pants of azure blue, reminiscent of tranquil waters reflecting the sky's brilliance.

"Did I come at the wrong time?" Arya grinned mischievously as she asked. "You seem busy."
Shaking her head in denial, she replied, "We're always like this. Besides, we always welcome our valued customers," with a wink.
'Valued customer... huh? These days, I keep hearing the word 'customer' more often,' she thought, a sigh escaping her lips.
"Let's head inside, shall we?" she said, leading Arya to the second floor. Madam Fredeca's office was on the second floor, where she primarily handled her business deals.

As they entered the room, unlike how she appeared, it was a mess. Looking around, Arya saw the left corner was rather neat and clean from the rest of it; a set of Chesterfield sofas was placed there.
The tea table was prepared with tea and various snacks. Arya looked at her, Fredeca looked troubled, showing an embarrassed smile while scratching her cheeks with a finger. 'so she can look embarrassed too', a smile made it way into her lips. After that, they sat on the sofa. Madam Fredeca told her assistant to leave them alone.

"I'll cut my word short. I want to do it,"  Madam Fredeca said, looking all serious. Arya tilted her head in a questioning gesture. "The deal you offered is still available, right?" she added.
"Are you done thinking about it? Are you certain about this?" Arya asked, putting down the teacup.
"I will be honest then; your designs are to bring a new era to fashion; of course, I would like to be part of it, too," she answered.
"Alright, then shall we discuss this further?" at Arya's question, she nodded in affirmative.

"As I said before, I will provide you with the designs. And the profit you make from that will be divided into 40. 60" looking into her eyes, arya added more. "You will keep the 60 percent, and the 40 percent will go into my account." She also added, "You can't pressure me into doing overtime; of course, I will try my best to assist you with the catalog."