Chapter : 59

In the capital : At the royal palace -

Inside the palace court, men's bickering voices were heard as they debated against each other's opinions. "We cannot leave our lives at the hands of the northerners anymore," a man stated his opinion, and others joined in, saying, "Yeah," "That's right." Thud, someone placed their hand on the table with enough force to make a loud sound. "Say that again," it was General Arhan, who looked ready to confront the other men.

"The Black Knights, who believe they are the strongest, couldn't even defend their own city. Do you want us to believe we are safe in their hands?" a man from the opposite side of the table retorted. "The Dragon has defended this land for centuries. Whenever there was a new crisis, we found a solution to it. This time will be no different," the man sitting next to Arhan stated.

"General Arhan, do you truly believe that you, your northern people, can face this formidable foe? One who not only controls monsters but also summons creatures of unknown origin?" This time Marquis Deuard spoke, making the once-buzzing room silent. Arhan could not refute the Marquis's statement and remained silent.

"I believe us northerners did indeed face this enemy. Moreover, the north boasts a rising hero capable of defeating the formidable foe you speak of, Marquis Basilisk," retorted the Grand Duke. Both the Marquis and the Grand Duke fiercely glared at each other, tension filling the air inside the room.

"The hero you speak of, do you know who she is? She appeared so suddenly right after the monster attack and vanished soon after. Moreover, she used the same method as the enemy side to despair. Not a trace found, be it of the enemy or your hero's. Is this a coincidence? Or," the Marquis smirked sarcastically.

Looking at the king, he continues, "The northerners do not acknowledge our support. They were lucky this time, but how long can this last? Our enemy is out there, planning their next attack, waiting for the right moment. And they relied on someone whom they don't have a clue about. How do they expect us to respond?"

"Amusing," says the king with a cocky smile. King Rojard, the current emperor, is known for his deceptive nature. Above all, he seeks what is in his best interest. Greedy for power from an early age, he pursued a thorny path to the throne. The bloody fight for succession was a common struggle in the royal family, with deadly outcomes. At the age of eighteen, he killed his own brother to seize the throne.

To solidify his position, he even married his late brother's wife, the current empress, Queen Christina Villiers. The crown prince and princess are their children. Like an eagle, he exhibits a calm demeanor while observing his prey, using sly tactics to hunt down his enemies. His sword possesses power akin to an eagle talons. The current emperor is the ideal example of a tyrant, who finds entertainment in the deaths of others.

"Tell me, Duke Deuard, how do you plan on bringing out... this hero of ours, hmm?" With a glint in his eyes, the Emperor asked. 'He is deliberately pointing at us. Just because we did not agree on letting them set foot on the north. The Marquis is also taking advantage of this. Both working together as one against Dragun, hah... how foolish!' Even though the Duke was thinking that he had to deceive them, he hated to admit it, but the Marquis is right. Sure, they do not know of this hero's whereabouts, but that's the same goes for  the others. "This hero only appears in the time of crisis. However, the next time we come across her, we will be sure to recruit her," politely the Duke spoke.