Chapter : 39

Inside the library :

The table in the corner was fully occupied with various large thick books, some opened while others were shut, arrange in a raunchy way. Right near it, Arya was sitting on a chair, covered in a wool coat. On her hand was an old book, in the colour of wine red, decorated with sun and stars, it was quite eye-catching. But more than that was the smile on Arya's face. After hours of searching, finally she found a book that contains the  summary about witches and their magic. She probe through the pages, while doing so an article drew her attention.

It was a hand written note, left by someone, telling about the sorceress. The whole page described the power they hold, the darkness they carry inside them, the secret art they perform. At the lower end corner, three long lines of dots were drawn.

With the help of a magnifying glass, it was easy to detect the words. An warning was placed with red ink.
[To you who is reading this be aware of the sorceress
For the sorceress is not easy to defeat,
To end her, must be one with her.]

"I see, you were here," Julianna says looking at the table full of books while her fingers roam on them. "You are reading about witches," her eyes hold sadness, "it has been a while, someone hold that one," gently she spoke maintain her dignifies. "Did you knew?" I ask silvery. Glancing at the page on my hand, the lady says, "the sorceress? I do, very well at that. Met one, when I was little." She sat down across me, "they offer the most desire thing, hidden deep inside our heart. Accepting their hand means bringing doom into your life. Yet blind by those desire, human beings abide them. After all, it is hard for logic to prevail over emotion."

"And you?", sottoly I ask. Monotonously she says, "It's a given, I refused. I am a witch, a keeper, after all. Knowing their wickedness, how could I possibly meld with these iniquitous act."
"I'll be leaving tomorrow. If you give permission, I would like to take some of these books with me at the Dukedomn," I say. "I am afraid I can not permit this request of yours. Please, do understand, it's necessary for protecting my people," dulcetly she decline.
Nodding my head I sighs, "alright than. Bring in more people, you are going to be busy with some research," I put the glass pieces on the table. The same glass pieces of the capsule in which Von was bounded. "I hope you won't refuse me this time." Her eyes inquire me, kept gazing at mine, as if searching for answers.
"The phoenix was bound by these," her eyes widen a little, "or rather the heart of the phoenix perhaps," gesturing at my left side I pointed at one of the book slaves where Von was looking at some books, "like her."

This time, the lady could not sustain her suprised look, in an instant she got up from her chair, making it fall backwards on the floor, making a loud noise. Slowly she goes near Von, in a quvering voice, "the phoenix, it has risen."
"To be correct, it has been reborn," correcting her I spoke, "I hope you can provide me with the good results."
"Ahem… I will look into it but the research instruments and the required manpower will come costly," she said as she conserve her composer.
A smile carve on my lips seeing her trying to compose herself now, 'what's there to hide now, she has a cute side.' "Madam Julianna, regardless of the cost, I want the best results."