Chapter : 26

Ivan

Ivan

As the protector of the empire, the black knights should always be done and dusted. They should be able to visualize their opponent's movement before the other knights. Instead of waiting for a battle to manifest and then readying themselves, the black nights believe in being prepared at all times. To constantly have their sword ready for use. To keep a sword sharp and durable, one must sharpen it every day. That's why, even though I know my knights are strong, we train each day.

Like every day, I was sparring with the Knights when a redhead poked out from behind a pillar, peeping at us. Getting caught, she was embarrassed. But my word hurts her more; boldly she voices out her thoughts. Thinking that she might get hurt since there were many things that could do so, I told her to leave, and she was ready too.

But some vulgar men who clearly did not know their places started talking behind her back. Loud enough to make sure she heard. Giving into her anger, she challenged a knight to a dual.

It is ridiculous even to let this dual happen. Anyone can tell from looking at her she can't even hold the sword properly. Had David not interfered, this dual would not have taken place.

The black Knights are the strongest in the empire. Even the royal knights are no match for them. Yet here she is, spouting nonsense like this. I wanted her not to get hurt to leave, but she had to be stubborn. Oh well, let her learn a lesson through the fight. I was in disbelief as she continued.

The fight started, the knight made his intentions clear to end the fight with his advance, but it dragged on as she defended herself.

'she got good defense and is quick to respond..'

But at this rate, she won't last long. I guess the fight is about to end.

Soon after, the battle which should not be on her side, with her fierce attacks, the tide changed.

Her attacks become more and more fierce, one after another. The knight could not handle the pressure and was losing his posture. In the end, the battle ended, being her victorious.

A fight whose outcome was already decided, in which no one had doubts that she would lose, yet leaving everyone astonished, she gained the victory.

How did she do it? The sword pattern was a strange one. No, in the first, from where did she learn to fight like that?

Is this the same woman I have known all my life? The Arya I know was never like that? She had never held a sword in her entire life, so how?

All the Knights watched in horror how a lady with such a thin body overpowered the knight so effortlessly. She stood there, rooted in the place.

When I called her out, her glare stopped me at my track. She looked at her surroundings and left after apologizing to them. All I could do was watch her back as she left.