Chapter : 34

Arya

Arya

'How can humans be so cruel? They sabotage the very force that helped them defend themselves from the darkness. Be it my world or here, people are always like this: ungrateful.'

I was walking through the hallway, my mind occupied with upsetting thoughts heart in distress. Without even looking at what was ahead of me, I walked swiftly, only to bump into something hard. From inside, out of the blue, someone opened the door, smacking my forehead. Not being able to maintain myself, I fell on my butt.

"Ahh… that hurts", groaning in pain, I looked up. It was David, with a bemused expression on his face, looking down at me. Some seconds pass, and I'm still on the ground an awkwardness surrounds us.
"Give me your hand already," ashamed yet shamelessly, I asked him for assistance.

"Ah… forgive me, madam," hurriedly, he helped me get up. "My apologies, I did not know that you were outside, madam," bowing his head, he said.
"Ahem… it's alright; you didn't know," looking sideways, I add, " and… forget about this incident."

His body was still in a bowing posture, yet he raised his head, baffled he asked, "Yes?" Seeing my embarrassed face, he shockingly said, "Ah… yes, madam", and he bowed again.

"Well, then, have a good day," saying so, I hurriedly left that place.

David

Who knew that madam was right behind the door? If anything thing, she should have been more careful about looking ahead. The loud thud startled me; she came straight off, so it was bound to happen. But the way she had fallen, she looked like a child. Her eyes are watery as she groans in pain. I was taken aback seeing her like that. The woman who could easily overpower a knight can also look so vulnerable.

Her voice brought me back to my senses as she spoke, "Give me your hand already." How rude of me! A rush of embarrassment flowed in me. Helping her out, I noticed she did not look at me but instead flusteredly looked sideways. Her ear was red as a cherry. 'I see; she has many sides of her.' She walks away hurriedly, but one can tell that she just ran away. In upward, the corner of his lips rose into a smile. "Madam, you have more colour than one knows," he said faintly.

Arya

Inside her room…

'ahhh… that was so embarrassing. Of all, it was David; how shameful,' the thought itself made me want to hide myself from all that shame. Clerk… locking my door so that no one can disturb me, also for me to hide all this.

The floor was a mess; papers shattered all over the floor, and potion bottles were kept safely on the table. The letters were different even from this ear; it was hard to organize all these. But as Von instructed, I gathered all of them, matching the numbers. I could not open the dairy; even Von did not know the reason. "How do I read this?" As I kept looking at the papers, "There are even some strange symbols drawn in here," I said frustratedly.