Chapter : 75

After a week, Arya returns to the North

After a week, Arya returns to the North. As she rests in her chair, an envelope containing divorce papers lies on the table before her. With Renard's help, she acquired this, but now she must decide her next move. Before filing for divorce, she needs to ensure Natasha makes her debut in elite society. Her plans are already behind schedule, so she must gather the remaining pieces quickly. "I should make preparations," she thinks.

The next day, Arya strides into Ivan's office. Ivan is delighted that she's the one seeking him out first, but his joy quickly dissipates upon hearing her words. "So, you want me to be her partner in her debut? Arya, I'm your husband, your partner. What rumors will circulate in society after I make an appearance like that?" Ivan's voice carries a serious tone, clearly displeased with her suggestion.

"What's the harm in that? She's your cousin. What can people say to that? It's common for girls to debut with their cousin as their partner," Arya argues.
"If that's what you want, I can ask one of the family members to accompany her. But it won't be me," Ivan states firmly.

"But if it's you, then people won't be able to hinder her because of her status. You know how fallen nobles are treated. That poor girl," Arya tries to convince him.
"I don't doubt your goodwill, but it will cause harm for you in the future. I cannot allow that," Ivan responds resolutely.

"So you won't?!" Her tone clearly conveyed her growing anger as they bickered, but Ivan did not back down. "What I say is final."
"Fine!" She says angrily as she gets up. "You... thick brick!" With a thud, she slams the door shut as she storms out.

Arya grumbled as she stomped in anger, "What's with him?! He should be happy to have a chance like this. Wasn't he the one waiting for her?! Now what?!"
Alfred, on his way to Ivan's office, noticed her frustration and offered, "Is there something bothering you, madam? Perhaps, I could be of assistance?"

"Nothing worth mentioning," she replied, though her furrowed brows contradicted her words. "Anyway, was there a letter from Sar'a boutique? I'm expecting one."
"Yes, one arrived an hour ago. It's been sent to your office," Alfred informed her.
"Hmm, make preparations. Madam Fredeca will be staying here for a few days. Ensure everything is arranged according to her preferences," Arya instructed.
"That will be done, madam," Alfred responded promptly.

Inside Arya's office, Natasha awaited her. As Arya entered, Natasha rose from her seat and approached her. "Greetings, your grace," she politely greeted, but Arya dismissed the formalities, saying, "There's no need for formalities between us. Please, have a seat." Arya settled into her chair, and Natasha followed suit.
"What's the urgency that you called me in a hurry?" Natasha inquired, sensing the tension.

Arya sorting through the papers on her tablet, nonchalantly replying, "Your debut ball will be held in a week. I want you to be prepared beforehand." Natasha, startled, choked on her tea, exclaiming, "What?!" Her voice grew louder in surprise.