Chapter : 24

It was near time for the sun to rise

It was near time for the sun to rise. I laid in bed, my body is in perpetual motion, eyes gaze at the ceiling, minds overflowing with thoughts reaching nowhere. Crack of dawn, illuminating the lands from the dimness of night. Through the glass-window yellowish light entered my room, the thick layer of curtains around my bed could not stop it from falling into my face. Although it did fall in my eyes,it did not matter to me for my mind was lost in thoughts of the dream.

'what kind of nonsense was she spouting? Pillar of balance, it's a weight full word. Moreover, it's me? Dose it even make sense? There's a war rising, and she says it is related to me', knock…, 'What am I going to do now. Whether I want to or not? If I truly do have magic than',knock…,' if my magic is not awaken', knock…, 'the darkness will pull me towards my death' ,knock… ,'how can I survive' knock… 'the knock, someone get the door', someone was consistently banging on the door, interrupting my thoughts.

'it's so irritating. can't I have some peace in the morning', knock…
"YES!", I shout; Miya comes in and shuts her eyes to my irritation.

She came near, holding a bowl half filled with warm water, for me to freshen up. "You do know that attitude of yours irks me, right?" I fumed in annoyance.

"Yes, my lady," she said with no concern.

'haa..look at that, looks like she is letting her guard now.. still, that does not make me feel any better...' I let out a sigh.

"Madam, master said he would like to have breakfast with you in the dinette," she said as I washed my face." What would you like to wear?" her face blank as always.

"Hmm.. something comfortable and warm," I said detachedly.

The room was cold even with the fire on. So I chose to wear an overcoat set. It was an elegant one, inside was a white colour linen simple attire with a touch of highlighte of sliver design in the chest area, and the overcoat was in blue. It has a long u-shape cut in the chest area reveling the inner design, while the collar cover my nape, with sleeves in leg of mutton. With a side braid style, I'm all done for the day.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

At the dining room...

The table was filled with steaming warm food. For two people, that's too much of a waste. We started eating, but apart from the morning greetings, he did not say much.

'is he just going to keep eating like that..'

All I could hear was the cutlery making sounds as we ate. Clearing my throat, I spoke up first, "Ahem..um..so..ah..." he did not even bother to look at me. I tighten my grip on the spoons. 'Patience, hold on to your senses..'

"So I heard you will depart in five days for the subjugation", I asked, my voice laced with sweetness.

"Hmm," he replied.