Chapter : 66

Stretching her tiny arms, Von woke up beside Arya

Stretching her tiny arms, Von woke up beside Arya. The sunlight hit her nearly open eyes, causing her to squint. Turning to Arya's side, she found her sleeping peacefully like a baby. "Good morning, Arya," she said, jumping into the air. "Ahhh... it feels good to be back in shape." Flying, she sat on Noir's bedside. Poking him, she tried to wake him up. "Hey, hey, wake up. Vahalam, wake up," she whispered. "Nyaa," as he opened his eyes, Von's face was right near his face. Pushing her away gently, he stretched his body, yawning. "What the! You're already back in shape, huh?" he commented, licking his paw.

"Huh?! Then what did you wish for?" Von replied with a remark. Ignoring her words, Noir yawned, "So, why did you wake me up? Let me tell you first, I'm not gonna play with you, got it?" Looking angry, Von said, "Do you think I would be so unreasonable? Anyway, do you feel it?" Tiredly, he answered, "Feel what?" Clicking her tongue, Von urged him, "Come on, you know what I'm talking about. Feel it." As Von's face came closer, he backed away. "All I feel is the irritation you're giving me." Confused and frustrated, Von looked at him, scrunching her brows.

Arya woke up as sunlight fell on her eyes, finding herself seated with her back against the wall. Startled, her eyes widened as she noticed the empty side of the bed. "Von?" she called out. In the air, Von responded with a beaming smile, "Yes, master." Arya gently held Von, pulling her closer, and asked, "How are you feeling now?" The morning sunlight, adding to Arya's charm, made Von's face flush red as she replied flustered, "I'm all better now, thanks to you." Arya felt relieved hearing this, her smile growing even more radiant.

"Arya," Von called cautiously, her gaze gentle yet focused. "She has arrived." Confused by Von's words, Arya maintained her fixed gaze. "The Witch of Light has arrived on this land. Although it is faint, I can still feel her magic. It mustn't have been long since her summons." Arya's gaze froze, her lips parting in shock. 'Ah! She's finally here! How long I have waited for her arrival. Now, my wait ends,' she thought, sighing in relief. "Master?" Von was worried about Arya's reaction, but to her surprise, Arya remained composed. She reached for the drawer of the bedside commode, picking up the shard and says, "That's good to hear. Now, we can purify this piece."

The day after the sorceress attacked the royal palace, Arya attempted to heal Von as her magic was so weakened that it was on the brink of vanishing. However, Arya too was low on magic, and treating Von became impossible as her severe injuries added more strain to Arya's body. This put both of them in a desperate situation. Arya, desperate to heal Von, tried to absorb the tainted fragment, but her body rejected its power, no matter how much she tries.

"No, Arya, don't," Von stopped her, noticing Arya's attempt. "If even a drop of this power enters your body, all our hard work will be in vain. Both of us will be consumed by darkness, forever unable to return to the light." "But, Von, how am I supposed to heal you? Your condition is worsening by the second. I can't absorb its power, my body keeps rejecting it. Tell me, how can I ease your pain?" Arya's mauve eyes were filled with tears, displaying her helplessness. "Don't worry, I'll be okay," Von tried to console her in a low voice, but the pain was evident in her eyes.