Chapter : 13

As I sat there with both hands under my chin, a tray filled with numerous letters was presented to me

As I sat there with both hands under my chin, a tray filled with numerous letters was presented to me. Each letter had its unique design, color, and texture. The noble ladies made sure to trouble me, huh?

Gazing at the tray full of letters, "I would prefer to have some beautiful flowers rather than a tray with so many letters," I said, my voice quivering with emotions.

Not reacting to my flirty, "It's your own doing. You don't have to reply to all of them. Reply to some; that will do," Ivan said flatly.

"What a grumpy one you are!" I exclaimed with disappointment

The morning meal was a delightful affair, with a spread of mouth-watering dishes and a pleasant exchange of banter between us that added to the overall enjoyment. Once we had completed our usual morning routine, I arranged to meet with Madam Fredeca at the mansion.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Inside the foyer…

As I walked into the room, I was greeted by a familiar face. "Madam, it's been a while," she said as she stood up from her seat and bowed towards me. "Good afternoon, Madam Fredeca. How have you been?" I replied, taking a few steps closer to her. We engaged in a brief conversation, catching up on each other's lives

As I looked into her eyes, I could see the unmistakable glimmer of joy that was radiating from within her. I couldn't help but comment on how bright she was looking. "I guess you are having fun these days, seeing how bright you're looking," I said. Her smile widened as she nodded in agreement. "Yes, that is true," she replied. I could sense that she was genuinely happy and content in that moment. As we continued our conversation, she inquired about my preferences for the festival's design. "So, what design would you like for the festival, my lady," she asked.

"I'll be buying two dresses for the festival - one for the ball and one for exploring," I explained. "For exploring the festival grounds," I clarified when she looked puzzled.

"I want to see how the common folk celebrated the festival, to experience the same joy and excitement that they did." And as these thoughts ran through my mind, gentle smile forming on my face, a smile that seemed to express my eagerness to immerse myself in the revelries.

As soon as she saw my face, the dressmaker, Frederica, was momentarily surprised. However, she quickly regained her composure and greeted me with a lovely smile. "Leave it to me, my lady, and you will be the most stunning guest at the ball," she exclaimed with genuine excitement.

We spent the entire afternoon discussing the dresses that I would be wearing for the ball. Frederica was keen on knowing my preferences, and I recommended some designs that I had sketched in my free time. She was delighted to see them and even took the time to study each one in detail. We went through various fabrics, colors, and styles, and Frederica made sure to take notes of everything to ensure that everything was perfect. Her passion for her craft was evident in the way she meticulously went through every detail, leaving me feeling confident that I would look my best on the ball night.