Chapter : 21

Clumsy, that's the impression this person gives me

Clumsy, that's the impression this person gives me. Amidst a mountain of books, he lay buried, snoring like a contented bear, a comically oversized bump decorating his forehead. Yet, there he was, chatting away as if nothing was amiss, wearing that foolish grin that screamed obliviousness. I couldn't help but stare, dumbfounded by the spectacle before me.

"Good afternoon, I'm Mervin," he introduces himself, still giggling.

"Hello, I'm looking for the owner. Do you know where he is?" I inquire.

"I am the owner," he said adding, "how can I help you, lady?"

'this one is the owner?' I was astounded. "Umm..do you have books about the black forest?"

"Wow..are you also interested in that forest?" he asked, much to my anticipations." Do you know that the black..." Saying he started his going on and on. 'Did I just flip his bulldozer button?!' my left eye twitch in stress 'the pressure he is giving off.. should I just leave?'

"Just wanted to know, that's all," I said hesitantly.

"Come with me," saying that he led me, and following him, we came to the reception room. "Here," the table right around the corner was full of numerous books. "You can choose whichever you like."

"Can't you suggest me some?" I request his assistance.

"If I may, these three books are best of all; they contain much more details than the rest," he said as he handed me those.

"Well, then ring them up," I said.
"By the way, lady. Have you ever been there?" to my surprise, he asked. Without answering him, I just kept looking at him. Nervously, he said, "Just wanted to know. You see, I have never been there. I always fantasize about it." excitement filled his eyes. Taking note of his obsession with the black forest, I immediately stopped him on his track, "me too, never been there," I replied.
"Oh," feeling dejected, he said.

After finishing business with the bookstore owner, I returned to the mansion. As I rode the carriage, I looked outside the window and saw the sky was painted red, orange, and yellow, like an artist's canvas. The sun was gradually setting as if waving goodbye to Earth-mother as darkness was cast all over the sky.

It was a breathtaking view I saw; my heart was pounding so loudly that I felt so free and alive.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Ivan

The carriage stopped at the mansion door, Ivan waiting for her at the door front. Getting no response from the person inside, he opens the carriage door only to find Arya sleeping like a baby.

"O my, lady," Miya said; she tried to reach out when Ivan stopped her.

Gently, he picked her up, and not wanting to wake her, he held her close to hisheart. "mmmhhh...mmhn.." she groaned, and he stopped at his track. He looks at her, and a faint smile appears on his lips. He loosened his hold on her so as not to hurt her. 'she's so fragile that I could break her with simple strength,' he thought to himself.