Chapter : 14

I felt a deep sense of embarrassment and shame when I was caught in that situation

I felt a deep sense of embarrassment and shame when I was caught in that situation. All I wanted was to disappear and find a hole to hide in. The person who caught me seemed to relish in my discomfort and added to it by teasing me with a smirk on their lips. He asked, "So, aren't you going to answer?" in a teasing making me feel even more ashamed.

'That smug face has stolen countless hearts. I've had men, but that face is a criminal, every girl's dream.'

"I...I think you didn't hear me. I said when you are quiet, completely silent. You know, like when you're in deep sleep. Not like now, like a..." our eyes met, embarrassed I looked downcast. "There's a difference." I can't even think straight now...damn it.

"I can see that someone's feeling frustrated," he said with a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"It's not like you're that handsome," she said. Upon hearing this, he made a sad face like a puppy who had been scolded. "No, no, I mean you are very attractive," I said in a low voice. As I spoke, my ears turned red like beetroot.

"Do you really think so?" He leaned towards me, squinting his eyes as he asked. In that moment, I realized that, he was making fun of me. My face turned red with embarrassment and I quickly got up, saying, "Oh, look at the time. I should be going now." And with that, I ran away.

"Hahahaha", the sound of the duke's laughter reverberated through the hallway, uncontrollable and infectious. It was clear that he found something truly amusing and couldn't contain his mirth any longer.

'ah..I am going to die from embarrassment.' I kept walking fast, trying to escape this shame.

*************

In my room...

I As I sat in a plush chair, positioned near the glass door, I saw Miya enter the room. I quickly called her over and said, "gather a few servants who are skilled in cleaning. Tell, I instructed to lead them to the library", and handed her a letter addressed to Sofia, outlining the tasks that the servants would perform to assist her from that moment on. With the letter in hand, Miya quickly set off to find the appropriate staff members and carry out my instructions.

Lately, I've been pondering about Ivan and our relationship. I often find myself asking, "What are we?" At times, I feel optimistic that our marriage will work out, but the fear of being abandoned when I know that you will eventually leave me is too much to bear. It causes me immense pain.

'the way we are now, I'm afraid that...'

I was shocked where my train of thought was headed.

'no, Arya, you know that's not possible. He abounded us in his every lifetime. More than anyone, you know that best.'

As I contemplate the emotions that arise within me, I begin to realize that these are the true feelings of Arya. Despite the temptation, I am not foolish enough to succumb to them. I am well aware of the consequences such actions would bring about, and I am not willing to take such risks.