Chapter : 62

The worshippers of darkness call themselves 'Sinister Sirens', were originally part of the witches, but they wielded their power for selfish gain, engaging in heinous acts such as black magic, human sacrifices, and selling their souls to devils

The worshippers of darkness call themselves 'Sinister Sirens', were originally part of the witches, but they wielded their power for selfish gain, engaging in heinous acts such as black magic, human sacrifices, and selling their souls to devils. Their existence threatened the balance between both realms, the human and the mystic, as the power of darkness grew rapidly due to their actions. Both sides began hunting them down, but even when burnt to death, they persisted in their devotion to darkness, demonstrating an obsessive desire for power. After the great war, the first emperor openly declared their hunt, and with the defeat of the sorceresses in battle, they were left powerless. As the hunt commenced, their numbers dwindled, bringing peace to the lands once more. However, the grudges of the black witches were overlooked, and in seeking vengeance for their brotherhood and master, they began plotting in secrecy.

After five years of the Great War, a mishap befell the people of the empire. The king began experiencing frequent nightmares about the fall of the empire, attributing the cause to witches. To protect the people, to safeguard his kingdom, the king made a daring decision. Gathering his men, the king declared his nightmares as visions of the future, ordering his people to eliminate any witches they encountered. Thus began a malignant genocide, turning former friends into the deadliest foes, with blood flowing like rivers and the air thick with the scent of flesh and blood.

Unbeknownst to the king, the nightmare he witnessed was indeed a premonition, but witches were not the true cause. Worshipers of darkness, sacrificing their own kin, conducted rituals to revive the sorceresses, heralding the resurgence of the age of black witches. In their desperate hope, they embarked on their sinister rituals, unaware of the true consequences of their actions.

Under the fairy statue, they planted the first seed of their plan. No one suspected this area because of the fairy. Without any disturbance, they were able to proceed with their plan. On the surface, a war broke out between humans and witches, resulting in countless deaths, which made it easy for the black witches to find human sacrifices. Rising terror in both realms, when Ezio, the lord of Etheria, tried to stop them, they bound him with their magic. With so many sacrifices, their power knew no bounds, making it easy for them to bind a spirit lord. However, due to the fragment on the statue's shoulder, the heart ring was not broken, and his spirit was not completely bound, keeping him from being destroyed.

With no one else to stop them, the black witches began to wreak havoc in the human land. Yet, before Ezio was completely bound, he sent a vision to the king with his last drop of power. The king, bedridden due to the curse placed on him by the black witches, called forth the people of the tower. He ordered them to bind the garden of the fairy with their power so that no dark power could reach that place; after all, it was a sacred place for them. At the king's order, the garden was bound, and because of this, the black witches could not gather enough sacrifices for their ritual. Bound to that place and unable to leave, they started to proceed with their plan, sacrificing their own lives. However, being bound to the place, their plan ultimately failed, at least that's what the king thought.