Chapter : 40

The sun illuminates the eastern sky with its warmth, the dark clouds play hide-and-seek with it, ray of light pierces the darkness and heralds the new dawn

The sun illuminates the eastern sky with its warmth, the dark clouds play hide-and-seek with it, ray of light pierces the darkness and heralds the new dawn. The heat from the fireplace kept us warm in this winter morning which made the breakfast even more romantic. The sun's rays had already embraced the earth yet I could still see some mist on the glass windows, misting just like raindrops on a rainy day gently touching the window sill. A strange combination of blue on the walls caught my eye, a painful attraction, reminding me of the cries of the people here. However, despite all these drab, the lady before me look full of enthusiasm.

"Lady, I thought whole night about what you said yesterday. What you said is not entirely wrong but us witches coming back to the society, do you think these people will accept us?", She asked, her fear, her hesitation was pointed clearly in her words, her scrunch eyebrows were the proof of that.
"Is this something worth discussing at the breakfast table?", trying to be oblivious to her inquisitiveness, I asked.

"I suppose not," exhaleing she look down at her plate, her spoon halted half dipping in the thick soup, "apologize for the inconvenience." The tone of her voice spoke louder than the words she spoke of.
"Madam Julianna, if you concern yourself with others people opinion about you or your people, do you think that would help you all to live in the light?", she remained silent without answering my words, "Do you want to enslaved yourself to others by any other means?" She recoiled at my words.
"I will say this only once to you, don't ever concern yourself with other people's opinions," I said, wiping my lips with a napkin, "it would be best for you. The breakfast was lovely. I'll be leaving in two hours," I said, getting up from my chair, giving her a slight nod.

At the main door :

"I am greatful for your hospitality, madam. Once I return, I wish for to invite you at our dukedoom. Would that be alright with you?", politely I ask her.
"I would be honoured, your grace" , with a warm smile she replied.
Miya was standing at the door, waiting for me holding a leather suitcase in her hand, which caught my eyes.
"I asked my maids to pack some books for you, hoping that these might be of a help of you someday", Julianna spoke.
"I think you said it was not possible. Are you quite sure of this?", I ask in disbelief.

"It is time for me to open up the doors of this masion, for it has come to us with a shaft, to make the wake up call. We...(she closed her eyes, exhale lightly and than open them again with a stout look) I do not wish to left behind on this thoroughfare. Besides, those are only the copies", dulcetly she utter.

'looks like I got a companion on this rough journey', at the thought a smirk came across my face. "Here", I gave her the alms purse I had, chock-full of gold coins. Madam Juliana was not fool, if there is a give there's also a take. "I can not take it. I still have to come with an outcome", she said pushing the purse backwards to me.
"That is the reason why I am giving this to you." At my words she looks disturbed.
"You should know that what I am giving you now is an investment for this research to go further. I was the one to propose this idea, so it is only netural that I have to invest into this for expecting a great outcome, is it not? I do not doubt your abilities nor I am trying to disgrace you. I hope you do understand what I am trying to say", I said to which she was silent for some time.