Chapter : 35

I was just about to finish getting ready when someone entered my room

I was just about to finish getting ready when someone entered my room. In the mirror, the reflection of a handsome man, his perfect features were even more attractive with the smile plastered on his lips.

Miya was finishing with the last touch, my eyes looking at him through the mirror. In a sour voice, I said, "A gentleman should always knock when entering a lady's chamber."
Smiling, he let a faint sigh; in a flirty tone, he spoke, "But you are no other lady." Adding, he asks, "Must we argue every time we meet?"

"I am just telling a rude person to behave himself. Can I not do that much?" I replied with sourness.
Opening his arms in a hug gesture, bowing his head a bit lower, he said, " I'm all ears, my lady."

Turning around, raising my chin a bit, I spoke, "You look dashing in that."
Stepping closer to me, he took my right hand and kissed me, "And you, my lady, are looking absolutely gorgeous. Shall we?"

Hand in hand, we walked to the dinette. As always, the table is filled with food, even though it will be just us two. "What a waste of food," my voice low but enough for him to hear.

"Do you not like the food here?" He asked, turning to me.
"I just think it is too much; after all, there are only us here. This much food will go to waste." Looking at the table, I spoke.

We proceeded forward and sat on my chair. Without words, we continue to eat; only the sound of the cutlery follows.

He spoke first, "I heard from the butler that you want to go to the Will resident."
I hum in reply. "Why the sudden decision, may I ask?" he might sound polite, but this is an inquiry. 'why be so formal when all you want to do is ask?' A sneering laugh escaped my mouth.

Putting down the knife on my hand, looking directly at him, I said, "Change of place, change of mood. I am bored of this place. I want to visit some places; after all, you never took me anywhere after coming here." Grabbing the knife back, I started cutting the meat, " besides, I'm going there for a week. No need to burden yourself."

"Oh, I'm just concerned about my wife's well-being," he said as he took a bite.

"From this morning, you have been behaving abnormally. Can you stop doing so?" Eyes on him, I asked with patience.

"How so? I am behaving like as always I have. What's so abnormal about being sweet to my wife?" He stabs the meat as he says.

"I know I did something last night that piqued your interest. Although I do not know what I did to invoke your interest. You can ask me if you like." Getting up, I put both palms on the table, leaning a bit closer to him, "Stop with those cowardly moves." His grip tightens on the spoons.

"Moves, you say?" Looking up at me, he adds, "I just want to know why you wanted to go there. It is much colder there than here. I am simply worried about you, my dear."

"You? Want to know?" Mockingly, I said.
"Is it not more than wanting to know? To inquire? To keep me in check?" My eyes locked with his, his eyes darken from anger.