Chapter : 48

Four days passed since Renard arrival at the dukedom

Four days passed since Renard arrival at the dukedom. While Renard stays bought Arya a chance to expand her impression on him as a business partner. Meanwhile, Ivan's once dormant jealousy surged to life like a tempest within him, threatening to consume his rationality. The sight of Renard and Arya engrossed in conversation ignited a fierce fire of envy within him, burning with an intensity that eclipsed all reason.

As Arya and Renard delved deeper into discussions of their shared ventures, Ivan's resentment simmered beneath the surface, festering with every exchange. Each word exchanged between the two only served to fuel his jealousy. Although Arya noticed Ivan's change of behavior, she could not grasp it. On the other hand, Renard understood this and was thoroughly enjoying it.

And since he was the one to say that their relationship is only meant in papers, he could not even interfere between them. As a result, the innocent Knights were receiving his fury. "What's wrong with the captain? Recently, it seems like he has lost it." "Shhhh… lower your voice, you idiot." "Hey, do you know anything?" "Man, I can't take it anymore, he has been like that these past days. It's killing me." The Knights murmured between themselves, which came to David's notice. He also thought that Ivan was not being reasonable. While it is necessary to keep the Knights active, he is overdoing it. As he drank water from the bottle, Ivan was spotted in his sight; he was sitting on the bench with a frown darkening his face. He offered Ivan a bottle of water and asked nonchalantly, "what's up with you? Is there anything you want to talk about." Taking the bottle, Ivan asked, "what? No, nothing."

"You know the Knights are worn out. Give them a break already," he says, to which Ivan glares at him, saying, "They are knights; it is essential for them to be prepared for the upcoming enemies. The knights are warriors, not fragile petals to be coddled!" David refutes, "They are also humans." Ivan stood up angrily and shouts at him, "Do not tell me how to train my soldiers. Do not dare question my methods." This catches everyone's attention, and the training hall becomes quiet. The air crackled with hostility as they stood toe to toe. "If you can't handle the internal matters, then do not bring it here. They are knights; they fight for honor, not for you to vent frustration," David spat before storming out, leaving behind a palpable sense of conflict hanging in the air.

At night :

Arya was delighted about how she was able to make an big impact with Renard. And since the mana stone is now out in the market, if the plan work, soon the tower will be able to summon Natasha. Smilie across her face with triumph at the thought. She was suddenly startled by loud knocking at the door. The knocks came continuously, distrubed, and annoyed, she opened it to find Ivan standing there. 'What the? Has he gone mad?' she stand with perplexed looks. Ivan was silent, keeping his gaze at her.

His eyes hold such anguish that made her feel that it could burn her whole self. The intensity of his eyes felt like they could sear her soul, their depths dragging her into a bottomless pit of sorrow with every glance. Arya utter, "what is it? You came so late at this hour? Everything's alright?" Even after her rapid questions, he remain silent.