Chapter : 29

Wind whistling along the slopes, the mountains were blanketed with snow

Wind whistling along the slopes, the mountains were blanketed with snow. Tree branches are weighty with snow, and with a little rustle, they fall apart; most trees are arrayed with white snow. Sometimes, the sound of rustling leaves can be heard, and the howling of monsters far from here echoes through the mountains; not a single soul can be found. The beauty of a mountain in winter really is like a sacred beauty. Each step digs into the snow, but footprints are covered with snowy wind, leaving no tracks behind.

Striding onwards, holding the map, I arrive at the area where the snow golem lives, which looks like a meerkat. Throughout this field, massive holes are made. The only difference is their sizes; they are six feet taller than the meerkat I knew.

These golems generally live in groups. I don't have any weapons on me. Facing them head-on is an apparent suicide. But it's the shortest route to reach the cave.

Since they mostly stay underground, crossing these areas is doable. I slid down from the mountain and landed in front of a hole. 'They really are huge.' Passing through that area, I arrive at a forest full of mist.

Most monsters avoid this place cause of the vicious plants that grow there.
For some reason, these area is suitable for these plants to grow. Their vines are so vigorous that cutting them down with a standard sword is impossible. Even many Mana users have a hard time cutting these down. And once trapped in its prey, there's no coming back.

But if one looks closely, they can distinguish them from the rest. And there is an easy method to defeat these trees.

First, be vigilant where you step; a slight touch can activate them. The second one is to pour the mixture [ make powder of black snake snaglare's tooth, one mermaid scale, and the blood of Kagran ( a mutant red wolf) ] into its roots. It will dry up and eventually die.

'All day shopping did not go to waste.'

These ingredients can be found anywhere, and they are super cheap. To people, these are not worth that much. But in the fourth volume, a certain madman invented this mixture, which increased the price tenfold. Well, this mixture has many uses besides that.

'Sorry. I stole your recipe. but I promise not to advertise it..all credits will be yours..' I felt guilty for stealing it, but ' when the situation calls for it, there's nothing to do, right.'

It was easy to locate the tress since I read the description in the novel. In any case, I don't have to go deep inside here; there are three routes here, all leading to the same exit. So, I took the easy road on the left side.

It was like shadow dances in the mist, like any movie where the forest is shown all smoky and spooky. Red eyes mixed with the fog; the figure was vague, settling in one place, keeping their eyes on my movements. The tree figure differed from others, and the distance from one to another was quite far. So it was easy to find the exit.