Chapter : 70

A week's been passed since Arya explain Natasha about the witches

A week's been passed since Arya explain Natasha about the witches. Arya and Natasha's tea sessions had become a cherished routine in the back garden of the duchy. Each afternoon, amidst the delicate clinking of porcelain cups and the aroma of freshly brewed tea, Arya would patiently impart her knowledge of magic to Natasha. As the days passed, the servants whispered in hushed tones about their mistress's kindness towards the woman bought home by their master. Their respect for Arya swelled day by day.

Natasha was naturally talented in magic, and with Arya's help, she mastered basic magic with ease. Unlike Arya, Natasha's power has yet to awaken fully, so learning more intricate and advanced magic remains out of her reach. Nonetheless, Arya is satisfied with Natasha's rapid progress.

On the other hand, Martha has also returned from her vacation, or rather the mission that Arya assigned her. The research in the shell that contained Von was progressing faster than she thought. The result this time was truly an achievement for the Wills. Madam Julianna sent a well-organized report along with showing gratitude. In the report, it says that it can be used as a magic item depending on the user, bringing a smile to Arya's lips. Martha also seems quite happy after her return; it seems like the vacation did her good.

"Madam, a letter from the royal palace has arrive", Alfred states as he stand still holding the tray. "Give it to Ivan", she says scratching absentmindedly. "It is addressed to you as well with the seal of the empress", he adds. Suprised Arya look up at him, taking the letter she notices the seal. "What the, well this is rear", Arya remarks, opening the envelope. As she read the letter, a smirk appears on her lips, her eyes darkening with mischief. Seeing her like this Alfred shook his head, exhaling. "Alfred, what does the empress hate the most?!", she deviously ask. "I will find out madam. Do you need anything else?" When he inquires, she places the letter on the table and casted a devilish smile adding, "ah… also prepare something for the princess as well. Something special!" The glint in her eyes makes him flinched as he thinks, 'they are so alike.'

After some time, Misham entered with Noir in his arms, saying, "Good afternoon, master!" Arya asked, "Ah, Misham, how come you're here?" His face resembled an abandoned puppy as he pitifully asked, "Master, are you busy?" Arya, familiar with his tactics, calmly replied, "No."

Misham continued his act, saying, "Lies, master is always busy. You never have time for me. It's been days since you visited me. I thought you have forgotten me. Master, am I not useful now?" With pitiful eyes and a trembling voice, he spoke. Arya, amused, instructed, "Pfft, ahem, first, put Noir down, he is heavy. And go get dressed, we will be going out for a while." Noir, feeling down for being called fat crawled into a ball, while Misham rushed out of her office to get dressed. Arya laughed seeing his excitement. "Alright, alright, no need to pout! You're coming too, Noir. And guess what? Fish treats await you! Big ones, just like this," she says, scooping up Noir with a grin, promising a day of fun and treats ahead.

Arya's impending arrival had Misham eagerly poised at the door, meticulously straightening his already tidy attire, sporting a sweet smile that seemed almost glued to his face, akin to a ray of sunshine breaking through clouds. As his eyes constantly moved to the staircase, trying to spot his master. As Arya descended, his smile widened. Noir, with a blue collar and a small bell attached to his neck, strolled beside her. But suddenly, his smile faltered; on Arya's left side, another person dressed for an outing, with a fixed smile, was approaching—something he didn't like. "Hello there! It's our first time meeting, isn't it? Nice to meet you, I'm Natasha," she introduced herself with a lovely smile, but Misham only offered a cold nod.

"Misham, you should introduce yourself to. It's polite that way", Arya said that turn to Natasha, "he's just shy to people he doesn't know. He is a lovely kid though". In low voice Misham mummers, "I'm not a kid". The carriage rode in the city paths, stopped in front of a cafe shop. "Shall we eat something first? They have the best pudding here! You won't find this teast elsewhere", Arya says excitedly. "Um-hmm", nodding Natasha also shows excited. "I'm okey With anything as long as master there", Misham replied with a smile. "Ah, Sir Arad," calling one of her escort knight she handed Noir to him and says, "can to bring him a fish. Pest are not allowed in here, we will be quick". Bowing he take Noir and went to the nearest market.

As the trio entered, the freshly brewed coffee aroma greeted them. They settled near the window and ordered some food. "It's quite a spacious cafe," Natasha remarked. "We have cafes back in my world, but nothing as fancy as this one. It's stunning!"

"Ahem," Arya fake-coughed, making Natasha realize her oversight. "I meant in our country, we don't have cafes as grand as this," she quickly clarified. Misham looked at them with confusion, dumbfounded by their behavior.

Their orders arrived, and as they dug in, Arya exclaimed, "This pudding is so soft, it melts in my mouth!" Seeing her enthusiasm, the others chuckled. After finishing their meal, they left the cafe. "That was the best pudding I've ever tasted!" Natasha exclaimed. "Yes, it was so good," Misham agreed.

Later, they went to many boutiques and bought some clothes for Natasha and Misham. "That's too much, madam. I already have plenty of dresses at home. There's no need to buy more," Natasha tried to stop Arya from buying her more.

"Nonsense. A lady needs to change her dress now and then. You barely have any clothes at home. And don't take us Dragun lightly. Buying only this won't even scratch a figure on us. Rather it's a disgrace for a lady to wear the same dress again and again," Arya lectured. "Hmm, keep this on, we will have to walk mostly. So you will be comfortable in this," Arya added, noticing the mulberry-colored dress Natasha just wore, "do you have this one in my size?" she ask. The employee nodded eagerly and brought out the dresses. Arya chose the same dress but in lilac color.

After finishing shopping, they roamed the city and visited various places. Afterward enjoying their outing to fullest, they returned to the duchy after sunset. Tired from earlier, Arya took a bath and hit the bed.

Misham was happy that his master spent time with him despite her busy schedule. He was grateful to her, although he wished the other party hadn't tagged along, making the outing even better. Nonetheless, he felt blessed to have such a kind and lovable master. Natasha was also delighted with today's outing. Since arriving in this world, she had felt confined, whether in the tower or here. She didn't know what the outside world looked like, but when Arya invited her on their little outing, she felt a glimmer of joy. This world resembled hers in many ways, yet it wasn't her own. Despite being a stranger, Arya showed her remarkable kindness, offering so much without expectation. In Natasha's mind, Arya became a symbol of genuine generosity, untainted by greed. She deeply admired Arya and felt grateful to have met her. In this unfamiliar world, she had found a friend whom she could trust with her life. Arya's stature grew in both Natasha's and Misham's eyes, and their respect for her continued to blossom.

Arya slept so soundlessly that she did not even know that a person has entering her room. The tall figure cover her face from the moonlight, with gentle clam eyes, gazes at her. Gently cears her face, as he sits beside her. After that day conversation, it became hard for Ivan to approach her. Though they still meet and dined together, Arya seemed to push him away, as if she wanted nothing to do with him. Despite initially wanting this distance, why does he regrets it so much? She is just the way he wanted, yet now he is greedful for her attention, her silly arguments, how she challenges his authority. Has he really lost her? He wants her back, more than anything anyone, more than he can think of, words are futile as how much he wants her back. Even though Natasha is here, his heart has been already stolen by this woman under his gaze. He, himself has placed it into her hand. How can he refute of his love for her, for she is his, and he belongs to her. It was this simple, yet he was foolish to make it this complicated. "Please, just look at me once more," he pleaded in the moon's witness.

______•°•°•°•______