Chapter : 67

Ivan and Arya both stepped out of the carriage, greeted by a troubled David

Ivan and Arya both stepped out of the carriage, greeted by a troubled David. His furrowed brows made it clear he was troubled by something. 'What is he thinking bringing another woman here? If Madam found out,' a cruel image of Arya torturing Ivan flashed in his mind, sending jolts through his body. 'Don't think about it, don't think about it,' reminding himself, he shook his head. "What's wrong with him?" Seeing David's unusual behavior, Arya asked Ivan with confusion. "He does that sometimes, hehe," Ivan said, looking at David. 'What is he even doing exactly?'

As they stand before him, "Welcome back, Master," David greeted Ivan, his tone tinged with unease. "May I take the duke for a moment, Madam?" His request hung in the air, implying an urgency that Arya found unsettling. 'Already?' Negative thoughts swirled in her mind, a testament to the conflict raging within her. Despite the turmoil, she chose to release Ivan to David's care, offering a gracious smile as she said, "Shall we reconvene at supper then?" Ivan's response was tender as he pressed a kiss to the back of Arya's hand, his warm smile a beacon of reassurance. "I cannot wait," he says. 

Miya walked behind Arya as they clamber up the stairs. "The stairs are too long," Arya said wearily, looking up with tired eyes and speaking in a tired tone as she stood midway. Glancing at her, Miya mused, "my lady? Is that something that matters?" Arya glanced back at Miya, "hmm, I wonder", and continued walking. Once inside her room, she ordered Miya to step outside, wanting to be alone. With a flop, she threw herself on the bed, lying on her stomach and burying herself in the soft bed, lost in her thoughts.

"He went to her, didn't he? I'm sure he went to her. What am I to expect? He was meant for her. You planned to leave once she arrived, don't back down now, Arya. Let go of these feelings; this world may be real, but it is not your world. Let's just forget him, let's break these shackles of the past," Arya thought pensively, lying like dead on the bed. Suddenly she felt, her back grow heavier with weight, she turned sideways, making Noir fall on the bed, and hugged him. "Meow?" she realized it was Noir. Arya gazed at the cat for a while, then commented, "you have gained weight. Look, your belly is quite ample." Shocked, the cat froze, while Von burst out laughing, "hahahaha."

As two hours passed, it was already dinner time. "My lady?" Miya knocked on the door, receiving no reply, she entered. Inside, she found Arya sleeping soundly, clutching her cat. Gazing at Arya's face, she recalled the detached expression she had seen earlier. "My lady?" Miya persisted in trying to wake her. Arya stirred from her slumber, "You're awake, my lady," Miya said. Arya sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes, "What time is it?" As Miya prepared her dress, she replied, "The dinner table is set, madam." "Change that. Bring something comfortable, easy to walk in," Arya instructed as she slouched on the couch. Miya returned with a more relaxed dress, urging Arya to get dressed before the Duke arrived at the dining hall.

Moments later, Arya was properly attired and ready to go. "Miya, what's on the menu for tonight?" They walked through the corridor, idly conversing. "It's turtle soup followed by venison steaks." "Hmmm, I see," Arya replied, her voice tinged with exhaustion. "Please, madam, refrain from speaking in such a manner in front of the duke. It might upset him," Miya suggested, 'I wonder, what might be troubling her?'