Chapter-13

Sakthi

I wore a black and white striped jumpsuit and entered the living room, where my Thatha was waiting for us. Dada followed me after a few seconds, and then the driver took us all to a restaurant. The restaurant host led us to a large table in the backyard garden of the restaurant, where my entire family was gathered. Navya ran to me and hugged my knees. I lifted her to kiss her cheek, then carried her on my hip while she chattered away. It helped me regroup my mind after seeing the entire family there.

Except for my sister and Harish Athan, everyone in my family visited me in New Delhi on a regular basis. Apart from Dada, my brother was the one who came to see me the most after I left Chennai. He explained to me the reason why he was upset with me that day, and he did not hate me even for a second while I grew up along with him.

I took a seat at the far end of the table, opposite my brother and next to my mother, and motioned for Navya to sit beside me. We gave our orders, and I only spoke up when someone asked me a question. Everybody kept the conversations floating. I was feeling awkward sitting here. It did not feel right sitting here, and I felt left out. I masked up my emotions, ate when the food arrived, and helped Navya to eat.

After having dessert, everyone trickled out of the restaurant and towards the parking lot. Navya and I walked behind everyone. My parents, Siva Anna, Kayal anni, and Nayva, hugged me one after the other as the valet brought their car and drove away.

Shri, Harish Athan, their son Amar, Thatha, Dada, and I were the only ones left waiting for the valet to bring our car. Harish Athan was talking with Dada, and Shri was chatting with Thatha. I was standing between them when I motioned for Amar to come closer to me.

I lowered myself to his level. " hi Amar, unaku na yarunu theriuma? " Amar nodded. "Chithi. "

I smiled, kissing his cheeks. "Yes,ne na navya 3 perum onna orunal velia polam en kuda varia? na naraya toys vangi tharen?"

He simply blinked and shifted his gaze to Hari Athan to obtain his approval. When Athan nodded in approval, Amar, too, nodded with a toothy smile. I smiled and kissed him once more. I felt a presence behind us and turned to face Shri and Thatha, who were standing behind me.

When both of them looked at us, I frowned confusedly. I was taken aback by the next thing Shri did. She gave me a bone-crushing hug. Her unexpected gesture perplexed me for a moment, but I quickly recovered in a second and hugged her back. She let go of me and mumbled, "Bye." I, too, nodded and waved goodbye. When she turned to look at me before getting into their car, I could see tears welling up in her eyes. Her behaviour is confusing me more than ever.

When our car was returned by the valet, I sat in the back seat, Thatha in the passenger seat, and Dada in the driver's seat. After a few minutes of leaving the restaurant, Dada turned his head slightly towards me. "Sorry to spring this upon you, muthey. I know you would have felt awkward, but trust me, it was better to meet everyone on neutral ground now rather than at home, as my akka had planned; it was also out of your way. Even if we go to their house, you will not feel as awkward as you do today. "I stayed mute, but I could understand that he was correct, defeatedly, Then I started playing games on my mobile and tried to rope in my friends to play with me once I reached home.

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of my cell phone ringing. It was only 8 a.m. Evanda en vacation la ivlo sikiram ph panravan kaila matna sethaan. I groaned when it was Sakthi, and I attended the call to scold him, "Dai kalangathala neum thungama enaum thunga vidama edhuku ph panra?"