Chapter-41

Jithu

Sakthi was standing on the balcony when I emerged from the washroom. I changed into a different outfit and stood beside her, my hands on her hands, which she had kept on the railing. It had started to rain.

Seeing her engrossed in watching the rain, I asked, "Polama? Or do you want to watch the rain? Shopping innoru naal kuda polam onnum avasaram illa".

"Ila evening aiduchu, anyway, it will become dark soon and onnum theriadhu irutula. Polam nalaiki vena inga varalam. I kept the cupcakes and casserole in the refrigerator. Laptop un bedside table la vachiruken."

I nodded and pulled her towards me to hug her. I stood hugging her for a few minutes, memorising her fragrance and how she fit me perfectly. I kissed her forehead, and we moved out of my room. While locking the door, she rolled her eyes when I said, "Enaku manasey varala unna inga irundhu kootitu poga." I was tempted to make her roll her eyes in pleasure again and again but there was a long way to go for that to happen so I refrained from saying anything with sexual innuendo so as not to scare her off.

We took my THAR to the mall. After entering the mall, I took her to the Maybell showroom first. When she merely stood there looking at me, I told her, "I want you to buy some traditional sets, tops and skirts. One of my friends suggested this showroom as it has a good collection of comfortable traditional attire."

"Enaku venam jithu, unaku enna venumo vaangu na ippo enga traditional dresses podaporen. Anga full ah ellam western clothes dha podren. Inga vandhadhum vena vangikalam."

"Ippo shopping vandhadhey unaku vaanga dha ma. Western aduthu vangalam, but I was hoping you could buy this too. Inga varapo potuko, please."

"Enakaga en jithu?"

"I told you already, ana unaku nyabagam ilapola. I want all the clothes you own to be mine. It will be one day, starting from now on. Please, it's a ' me thing'."

"Illa venam veetla thituvanga innoru vaati varapo vaangikalam Jithu."

"Please, papa vaangiko d. Veetla kandipa thitta matanga, thitna na pesikiren. Asaya dhaney vaangi tharanum nu solren."

I could feel the wheels of her brain turning as she thought. I hoped she would not refuse to purchase it for herself. After a few seconds, she turned her attention to the dresses. She purchased a set of tops and skirts in mustard yellow and black, and I then took her to a few other shops to purchase both Indian and Western clothing to wear in Milan and as well in Chennai. After paying for everything, I carried all of the bags. I was delighted to spend money on her and carry her belongings for her. It is been my long-held desire to do these things with her.

Our next stop was at a footwear showroom. We both bought an identical pair of sneakers in white. She would not let me carry them anymore, so she carried the shoe boxes. I assessed to see what she had bought and what she might need that she had not yet purchased, and I discovered that she had not purchased any innerwear. When we walked past a lingerie store, "Nee engaumey inners vaangala? inga poi pakalam va."

She asked me, perplexed, "Dei adha ivlo vangiachu la aparam enna? inners ellam venam enta naraya iruku va polam podhum kaal valikidhu.

"Please, please, please, papa idha last shop, mukiama lingerie dha na vanginadha irukanum. va polam idhuku apram iniki avlodha saptu veetla vitudren papa, please d."

She blushed but followed me inside the shop, and I understood her reluctance to buy lingerie while I was present when she pulled her hands away from me. At the same time, the store assistant approached us and invited us to the showroom.