Chapter - 45

Jithu

I had been in Milan for the last two days. Initially, I planned a surprise visit for Valentine's Day. Nonetheless, I arrived earlier because she had fractured her leg. I had to beg Chithappa for permission to come here earlier than scheduled. I was not sure if I could stay until Valentine's Day because Chithappa let me come here earlier on the condition that I return as soon as possible if something came up at work.

Being close to her and helping her over the last two days made me happy and fulfilled. I would do it my entire life. Sometimes I felt sorry for her when she was struggling with pain or with some other basics. But it was heartwarming when she turned to me for support. I was elated because she trusted me enough to let me help her during a vulnerable time, which strengthened our bond and brought us closer than ever before. She became extremely comfortable around me and slept with me every night.

I know I was slacking at work, but Sakthi has taken precedence over my profession. It is not like I had to work for money. I joined the police force out of passion, yes, but also because I wanted a stable career at that time for monetary benefits. But Sakthi was more important to me than the police force, and I would leave my job in a heartbeat if I were doing so for her.

I rented a car to pick her up and drive her to college. The next day was Valentine's Day, so I made a few arrangements for our dinner date while she was at college. I picked her up earlier than usual when she called after her classes were cancelled.

I was cooking while she was completing her coursework. Because I needed to return the next day, I spoke with Raghu uncle and asked him to come on or before Valentine's Day.

After I finished cooking, I went to the living room. She was slightly startled when I abruptly took her belongings and scooped her into my arms.

Attempting to get out of my grip, "Vidu Jithu naney nadanthu varen. Innum konjamdha iruku 10 minutes la mudichiduven."

Tightening my grip around her, I sternly said, "Pesama va d. Illa kadichiduven. Saptu aparama andha 10 minutes work ah pannu. I made you mor kuzhambhu and potato fry. Unaku pidikumnu Ramya sonna last time pesinappo."Saptu epdi irukunu sollu."

She sighed, gave up her wriggling, and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Enakudha nadaka mudidhey aparam yen thookura ?"

"Ipdi thookurapo enamo unna yen nejukulla thooki vachikura madri feel agudhu, pudichiruku thookuren." I made her sit at the table and fed her while sitting between her dangling legs.

As she extended her hand to get the plates from me, she said, "Kudu naney sapudren." I swatted her hands away, denying her, "Nee kai wash pannavey illa, naaney ootividren sapdu d pesama!"

She declined after taking a few bites of food, saying, "Enaku podhum, venam. Na evening sapudren Jithu enaku ippo pasikavey illa."

"Na appovey sonen andha biscuits full ah butter ippo sapdadha, lunch sapdamatanu. Olunga healthy ah sapdalana epdi d kaal sikiram sari agum ?"I criticised her.

She wiggled her brows as she replied, "Adha tablet thandrukangala, adhula iruka calcium podhum."

"Ipdi junk food ah sapta nalaiki kolandha porakrapolam epdi papa body la strenght irukum baby ah pathuka?"

"Nalaiki porakadhu adhuku varusham iruku. Babyum yenaum sethu ennoda purushan pathupan."

"Na velaiki ellam poga venama? Pogama veetlaye ungala pathukitu okandhukava?"

"Nee yen velaiki pogama engala pathukanum yen purushan irukapa?"

"Enna d thimira. Na urugi urugi ellam panradhu nee vera evanayo katikava? Nee enna thavara vera yaraum katika vida maten d. Apdi ellam nenapu irundha marandhudu. Nandha un purushan, ethana jenmam eduthalum. Yen baby dha indha kutti thoppaikulla valara pogudhu."