Chapter - 52

Jithu

When I was about to leave, I noticed Raghu uncle approaching me. "Hi, uncle. How are things going?" He gave me a side hug. "I am as fine as an aged wine, da mapla." Enga kelambhita stay panalaya ?"

"No, Appa call panni vara sonnaru uncle. So I need to go to their house. Mudinja night varuven illana kalela mandabham la pakalam."

"OK. Have you got 10 minutes to spare? I would like to talk about something with you."

"Sure Uncle."

We went to the living room and sat opposite each other. "Can I offer you something to drink, or are you in a hurry?"

"Do not bother, uncle; I will have dinner the next time I visit or when I return."

"Jithu, it is awkward for me to tell you this, but Sakthi ta ellam solla mudiadhu, so unta dha na solli aganum. I understand how passionate young love can be, but please, be safe and kalyanathuku munnadi enna thatha akidadheenga."

Ayoo uncle, apdilam onnum agadhu neenga rombha think pannadhinga.

"Dai solradhu en kadama da."

"Hmm, puridhu uncle."

"Aparam I will be delighted if you two marry as soon as possible. Nee veetla pesitia illa na poi pesata, or will your parents prefer to be traditional and ask me first?"

"I am ready to marry Sakthi whenever she wants. But I want to ensure everything is clear in the family until Kayal's delivery. I will speak with them later and let's decide based on their reaction."

"Hmmm good. Where exactly do you intend to settle in Jithu? In Chennai or Hyderabad?"

"I wanted to transfer to Chennai, but the situation is volatile right now, so I am waiting for things to calm down before transferring. I do not want to drag my past to Chennai. Again, I need to consult with Sakthi over her plans and decide this together."

"Ya un chithapankaren sonnan. Yedadhu prechana na call pannu da unga ooru home minister ku indirect ah nammata irundhudha fund pochu election ku."

"Sure uncle."

"Once you are transferred to Chennai or kalyanathuku aparam enga iruka plan ? I will be honest with you, da. Thathakum enakum neenga renduperum pakathla irundha sandhosham. Kudavey irundha innum rombha sandhosham. But I know you will prefer privacy, so I came up with an idea. But you hear me out for the time being and decide when it is appropriate.

This house sits on 10 acres of land. Anyway, this will eventually belong to her, but before that, I wanted to build a house for you two as a wedding gift on a portion of the land. Making a family in that house is entirely up to you two. But I wanted to give you the option of staying there whenever you come over here if you prefer privacy."

"Uncle, you know I have my own money."

"Therium da. It is irrelevant whether you have money or not. It is because of my love for her. I could not keep her with me full-time as I had wanted to during her childhood. So pakathla irundha nallarukumnu aasai da enakum appa kum avlodha. At least indha area la iruka parunga so that we can visit easily but definitely we won't intrude on your privacy da bayapadadha. "

"Adhellam na yosikala uncle. I can not make this decision on my own, papa ta pesitu solren. I am fine with whatever she wants, but if she wants to stay on this property, as you suggested, I would like to buy the land from you and build it myself."