Chapter -59

Sakthi

I awoke in a white-walled room with a small single cot in the corner. The room had no windows but only an old wooden door.

I attempted to sit, but my head felt heavy and pain spread from my neck to my entire head. My head began to pulsate in pain, and I groaned as the pain intensified. I sat up after a great struggle and remained unmoved there for a few moments, clutching my head in my hands, as I began assessing my injuries, starting with my stomach and moving on to my entire body, touching them to see if I was in pain or bleeding. My hair felt damp when I touched it. It felt sticky and matted as if it had been soaked in blood and sweat. When there was no pain other than in my head and neck, I was relieved that I only had a head injury, and I slowly risked standing. I stood still for a few minutes to ride out the dizziness, then slowly walked towards the door and banged on it.

The stranger who was carrying me opened the door to the room. The screeching noise of the door grated my nerves and exacerbated my pain. I grunted while holding my head. When I wobbled due to dizziness, the stranger held my elbow to keep me steady and helped me sit back on the cot by walking alongside me.

After I sat, he dashed out and returned with a bottle of water and a strip of painkiller tablets. I took a sip of water to take the tablet and then quickly gulped down the entire bottle. Only then did I realise how thirsty and hungry I was? I felt extremely vulnerable, both physically and mentally, as I lay down on the hard bed, temporarily engulfed by sleep.

When I woke up again, I heard the guy talking to someone, so I started listening. " Sanjay bhai, my job is only to kidnap and hand over the girl. I would have done it without causing any collateral damage, but your guys interfered and the girl was injured. She is still unconscious, so I suspect she has sustained serious head injuries. She needs medical attention right away. Send your men to get her. Do not send a pervert like the one who caused the accident. He attempted to molest her while she was unconscious, so I had to eliminate him."

He paused to listen to the other side before speaking again. "Bhai, I am not an assassin. I only agreed to abduct her and hand her over to you. I will not kill her. I could not let a pervert take advantage of an innocent girl under my watch, so I killed your man. Send your men before sunset; otherwise, I will not wait for them and will leave her here. "

I have no idea what was going on around me, why I was abducted, or by whom. I sat up, wincing in pain. I rested my head on the cot's headrest to relieve the pulsating pain. I started to panic and felt pathetic as I was stuck here, unable to do anything, but I had to try. So I suggested, "Brother, I have a proposition for you that will benefit both of us."

He looked at me amusingly before walking away. After several failed attempts to get him to hear me out, I screamed, "I will make you regret the day you were born if you do not listen to me now, brother."

Finally, he asked, "What would that proposition be, SISTER?" with annoyance.

He stressed the word "sister" more as sarcasm, but I let it slide without acknowledging it. "I will pay you more than the person who hired you to kidnap me, and believe me when I say that you will suffer the most if anything happens to me because you are the one who kidnapped me."

He chuckled. "Interesting. Do you really believe that your police boyfriend will show up to rescue you and exact revenge? And how is it possible for him to pay me more than the person who hired me to abduct you? Hasn't your boyfriend joined the police force recently? How on earth could he have made so much money so quickly, even if he did accept a bribe? Do you think I am stupid, SISTER ?"