Chapter-35

Sakthi

Every store had a Christmas promotion going on, so on the final day before the holidays, my Indian friends and I went shopping in the city centre. The entire city sparkled with Christmas lights, and a magnificent Christmas tree had been placed in front of the Duomo Milano (cathedral). After shopping and taking numerous photos and selfies, we all went to Burger King for dinner, which had a stunning view of the Duomo.

Among our group of friends, only I was flying to Chennai, while the others were going back to their respective home states. My flight was scheduled to leave the next morning, but I had not finished packing yet. I still have not told anyone about my visit or the unknown. I wanted to see who he gets information about me from by controlling who I tell about my visit this time.

I arrived at my loft and began packing my things and the gifts I had purchased. I purchased Michael Kors and Cocinelle handbags for Mom, Anni, and Akka. I purchased Seiko watches for all of the men in my family. I bought a wallet from Piquardo for the unknown because I did not know what he liked in watches.

The following morning, I took a taxi to the airport. It was early morning when I landed in Chennai; Dada had been waiting for me already. I went home and slept until late morning after giving my gifts to Dada, Uncle Chandru and Thatha.

I went to my mother's house around noon with all the gifts after taking a hot shower to relieve my tiredness. Only the kids and Anni remained at home when I went there. I phoned everyone else to come home, and they all arrived around lunchtime. They were pleased to see me. Mom prepared all of my favourite dishes for a late lunch. The day flew by, and I had a good time with my family. Dada and Thatha, along with Uncle Chandru, picked me up from Mom's place in the evening and took me to my favourite restaurant before heading home.

Upon reaching home from dinner, I dialled Sakthi and Ramya and demanded that we meet. Ramya invited us to her apartment, where they had relocated after their marriage because she was pregnant and had been put on bed rest. I called Mukhil Anna and asked him to meet me at Ramya's flat. Once I fixed the time to meet them the next morning, I slept off soon due to jet lag.

The next morning, I got ready and waited for thakkali chedi. He picked me up with his new bullet. I liked the ride; it was my first time riding in a bullet. My phone started to ping with message notifications continuously when we were on our way to Ramya's. It was from the unknown.

Unknown: Where are you?

Me: Where do you think I am?

Unknown: I know you are in Chennai.

Unknown: Why didn't you tell me that you were coming?

Unknown: Sari vidu. It does not matter anymore.

Sakthivel turned towards me and asked, "Yaaru ithana message continuous ah anupuranga?" before I could type a reply to the unknown.

I clarified, "Adhan sonnenla da oru unknown message panrannu? It is the same person. He found out I am in Chennai and is wondering why I did not notify him of my visit."

He exclaimed, "Innuma yaarunu theriama pesitruka? Stop talking to him."

I grumbled, "Nalla aal madri therinjidhu adha innum stop pannala."

He went on to ask, " Appo en thalaivi solala nee varadha? Do you want to avoid meeting him? edadhu prechana panrana?"

"Ila da. Epdi avanuku enna pathina details theridhunu therinjikalamnu dha sollala. Nee yartayadhu na vandhrukenu sonnia da?" I voiced out my thoughts.