Chapter -30

Sakthi

He began speaking hastily in response to my question, stating, "The inspector instructed me to do so. If I had delayed, higher authorities would have intervened, and Janani might have been compelled to provide blood samples for drug testing. Additionally, I was upset with you for bringing her to the party, based on the lie she told me. So I left in anger but returned after dropping her off. However, you were not present, leading me to believe that your parents might have taken you away, especially considering Janani mentioned that you had made calls to your family."

I confronted him with my next question, saying, "Alright, I can understand your perspective to some extent, but it seems like a selfish decision. You could have, at the very least, made a phone call to check about my whereabouts, but you chose not to. Were you avoiding me even before this incident, perhaps for the past month or so, if my intuition is correct? I need straightforward answers, not sugar-coated versions. I am not willing to wait or be patient any longer than I already have because you have never given me that, and my trust in you is currently low."

"Yes, I have been avoiding you," he admitted frustratedly.

"Why?" I questioned.

He answered, "I am confused right now. So I avoided you because I did not want to confuse you even more than I already did. I reasoned that disconnecting myself from you would provide me with much-needed clarity and help me decide how to proceed."

I asked for further clarification, "Confused about?"

He muttered. "About us ."

"Oh, I am also confused. But I am not avoiding you without any explanation. Today, I want to know what is between us. Sari adha aduthu pesalam. What led you to get confused? Or what are you confused about?"

He sighed, "Na project panna tender submit panna company owner enta meeting mudinji few weeks later personal ah dinner ku kuptu pesunaru. Avaru ponnuku mapla paakuraram. Enna kalyanam pannika solli ketaru. Also, he implied that the project result might depend on what I choose to do. Na yosikanumnu solitu vanten. So I am confused about what to decide."

I explored, "Yaru contractor?"

"Sonna unaku theriuma?" He exclaimed.

I ensured, "Try me."

"JB Construction, which subcontracts their works, and the contract is originally from K&L. It was one of the leading ones in the field."

"Neenga enna decide panni irukinga?"I continued.

He complained, "Sakthi, I don't have the luxury to do what I want. I have a responsibility towards my family. the financial responsibilities are the main ones. We are an upper-middle-class family. perusa paisa backup ellam ila. I can't afford to do what is best for me; I had to do what is best for my family."

I asked him, "Do you love me? at least like me in that sense?"

He kept silent. "Sari ippo family and finance responsibility kaga whatever is between us adhu venam stop pannidalamnu decide panni irukinga or venuma venama nu confusion la irukinga ?correct?"

He nodded, and I continued, "Ok, appo, shall I take it that you like me in a romantic sense? but you are confused between me and your family due to your responsibilities, apdinu na eduthukalama ?"

"Ama Sakthi. Enaku unna pudikum. Aana elathaum thooki potu needha venumnu ellam decide panra nelamaila na illa. Peria age difference iruku, nee oru student, na teacher adhey college la. Financial commitments, age difference and, on top of that, liking you make me feel guilty for wanting a student, a forbidden thing. Idhula, you are very immature. Enaku adhu pudichiruku illanu sollamaten ana sometimes it lands you in trouble. ennala appo onnum panna mudiama pogurapo, I feel helpless and incapable. Adhunaladha, I am always trying to restrict you from doing things so that you will not land in trouble. I know I am making a mistake in your case, but vera enna panradhunu therila. Idhu madri suthi suthi yosikiren, decide panna mudiama."He acknowledged his feelings and explained his dilemma.