Chapter-21

Sakthi

On a sunny Saturday morning, I proudly uploaded my trophy as my WhatsApp status. The warm congratulations from my school and college friends poured in, and I found a text message from the professor as well.

Professor: Good morning. Congratulations once again on your first win.

Me: Thank you 😌 good morning.

Professor: It was blissful to hear you from the audience yesterday. I've been meaning to ask you, Ne paaduva nu enta en sollala munnadiye.

Me: It never came up before, and you never asked me 🤷.

Professor: Alright, let's leave it at that. I couldn't spend time with you yesterday as I was with the competing teams, and it wouldn't have been appropriate either. I couldn't find a moment to give you the chocolate I bought for you after winning the competition. I'll give it to you on Monday.

Me: 👍Enna chocolate 😋.

Professor: surprise.

Me: I hate surprises🥺

Professor: Then definitely surprise it is.

Me: 😒

Professor: I have work to do now; we'll talk later. Bye, ma.

Me: Eppo paru work, work nu solringa, it feels like you never do anything just for fun or to relax.

Professor: I'd love to have some fun and relax, and you'll know more about that in the future, aana adhuku ellam sethu ippo na work pannanumey.😊

Me : Neenga college la epdi ? Apaum strict and responsible person ah? Or did you have fun?

Professor: In college, I was someone who knew how to have fun responsibly, and I wasn't strict, but I was honest. But ippo na student ila teacher, so strict ah dha irukanum also unna madri students ta ellam strict ah illana thala mela eri okandra maatinga?

Me: Aye, appo neenga bore, ah ?

Professor: Odha vanguva, po poi padi. Competetion nu naraya class cut adikira,veetla okandhu padi illa arrear dha last semester madri 78 % ellam varadhu.

Me: Na last semester, 78% nu ungalukku epdi therium ?

Professor: Adhellam therium. I will get the mark list for all my classes.

Me: Oh, Sari, bye, professor.

Professor: Eppo dha indha professor nu kupudradhu maathipa?

Me: When I come up with another name to address you, 🥴

Professor: Veladama padi, Bye.

That was how my weekend went, exactly as the professor suggested. I completed my pending work and caught up on studying two weeks' worth of classes using notes borrowed from friends.

On Monday morning, we were all summoned to the principal's office, where he congratulated us for winning the overall trophy. As we headed back to our classrooms, Janani Akka called Pavithra and invited her, along with me, Ramya, and Sakthi, to a birthday party at her house for her twin brother and herself, happening the coming weekend.

While I was walking away from the principal's office, I received WhatsApp notifications. It was from the professor, asking me to walk a bit slower behind everyone until he could catch up with me, and I obliged.