Chapter-39

Abijith

After she ended the call, I opened her WhatsApp profile picture and kissed it. With a sigh, I settled that this would have to do for the time being. I grinned, thinking about her reaction when I threatened to bite her lips if she pouted. Though she was innocent, she was a seductress. I could not be a gentleman when it came to her. Her lips were my weakness, and they were the first thing I noticed about her every time. After her lips, her eyes were the one thing I couldn't keep my eyes off. I always followed her lips and eyes when she spoke. Her eyes conveyed the words as her lips spoke them. It was always sufficiently moist, pink, and plump to entice me to taste it.

I had to keep my hands off her until she was ready, and I did not think I could manage to go the entire day without touching her. I regret wasting my time waiting for this job to express my feelings for her. I had to wait for her to catch up to where I was in this relationship. I can not wait to make her mine in every way. A message notification interrupted my thoughts.

Raghu Uncle: Hello, Jithu, I hope you are doing well.

Raghu uncle: I recently learned that you and Sakthi are dating. I would like to have a word with you before you pick her up tomorrow. Could you please arrive a few minutes early? I will be waiting for you in my office after 8 a.m. Take care. We will talk again tomorrow!

Me: Hello, uncle. I am all right. I hope everything is going well for you and your family as well. I will see you tomorrow at 8 a.m. Good night.

I was nervous, even though I was confident that I could get his blessing for our relationship, but if something went wrong, her father and Thatha could sway Sakthi's decision. I did not want to dwell on it any longer because the more I thought about it, the more anxious I became. I made some arrangements for the next day and went to bed after setting an alarm to get up early.

The next day, I awoke and dressed in a red t-shirt and black jeans to match the dress I had sent her. Because it was cloudy, I drove her home in my bullet. It was 7.40 p.m. when I arrived at her house. When I rang the doorbell, PA uncle opened it for me and welcomed me. When I inquired about Thatha and Raghu uncle, he pointed me in the direction of their office. Two of them were already talking about something when I entered the room.

They invited me to join them, and after the usual greetings, Raghu's uncle said, "I asked you to come here to find out what you were doing with our Sakthi." Sakthi implied that you two are in a relationship. What exactly is this relationship for you and how serious is it?"

I was surprised by his directness. Sakthi might have inherited this trait from him. I swallowed and cleared my throat. "I love her and want to marry her, but she is not ready yet. So I wanted to give her some space, suggested taking things slowly in this relationship, and decided to wait until she loves me."

With a stoic expression, he continued to grill me, "OK, but what about your family? Your father and brother were already opposed to Siva and Kayal's wedding. What do you think their reaction will be to you? What are your plans if they do not support your decision to marry her and your father takes away all of your financial benefits? What is your financial plan after you marry her? You are aware of her upbringing; how are you going to keep that standard with your monthly salary?"

I retorted, feigning confidence, "If she is ready to marry me, I am willing to marry her against the wishes of everyone, and I do not expect my family to approve of us. I already have investments in place; they have been profitable for a couple of years, and with my salary, I can provide her with a good life. Of course, I will not be able to match it with her current lifestyle right away. But one day I will. She will be happy and content with me, regardless of my financial situation. I know her well enough to be confident in that."