Chapter 4 - The Determined Child

The next morning, the boy left the health center alone.

He increased his determination and headed towards the administration building. He knew where the administration building was because he and nurse Oya toured the academy campus yesterday. Finding the building and getting in was no problem. The problem was that Dean Noyan was not there. It was a complete waste of time that he went through many difficulties and could not meet Dean Noyan. That's why, when he increased his walking speed, he started praying that Dean Noyan would be in the building too.

After walking for about 20 minutes, he came to the administration building, which looked like an ancient castle. The building was about 40 meters high, with very large windows. With its dark gray walls and black roof, it gave off a gloomy and dangerous atmosphere. Although the boy was little scared, he summoned all his courage and pushed the huge metal door of the administration building.

Thinking, (Why won't it open, is it locked?) he lifted his head up and after started pushing the other wing of the door. "The door is too heavy, I can't even reach the handle, I don't have the strength to open it," he said and leave the door.

Thinking, (This is a huge building, there must be another entrance door), he started walking around. After turning around the indented and protruding corners of the building, he came across another door. He pushed the door, which was smaller than the other one, but this door did not open either. Another door, another door, and then he came back to the point where he had started.

So far he had tried to open 5 doors but they were all locked. He pushed the entrance door again but there was no movement. "Tomorrow is a new day," he said and turned in the direction he came from and left.

The next day the boy came again. After trying all the doors, unlike yesterday, today he also checked the windows, but he couldn't find any openings and turned around and left. This situation continued for a week.

On the eighth day, seeing the boy coming from a distance, Dean Noyan said, "Release the lock on the staff entrance door." After some thought, he added "and direct him to the main lobby". Then he calmly left his room with his hands behind his back.

The boy came as usual and first checked the big metal door. Then another and another and when he tried the fifth door, the door suddenly opened. Since he had been going back and forth for a week, the dangerous atmosphere of the building no longer frightened him.

But when the door suddenly opened, the fear inside him revived.

He couldn't move for a while because of this sudden change in emotion. It took him a while to brace himself and he walked through the door with uneasy steps.

What he first thought was a room, he later realized was a wide corridor. He walked down the this corridor for a while. Every once in a while he also checked the doors connected to the corridor. "There is not a single door open and for some reason they are all on the left side," he said.

He had his eye on another door a little further on when he suddenly stopped. "Finally, a door on the right side," he said. Quickly came to the door, thinking, (This door is also locked,) but he did not expect the door to open on his first try.

He entered a very large room with a high ceiling. The double-leaf metal door standing between the large and high windows on the left side wall was quite familiar. The right side of the room had two floors. The staircase leading to the second floor was connected to a large balcony.

The boy, who was staring at the huge chandelier on the ceiling with his mouth open, was suddenly startled by the sounds coming from his right side. He quickly turned his head and listened calmly to the sounds. It didn't take him long to realize that the sound was coming from upstairs. He slowly climbed the stairs and came to where the sound was coming from.