Chapter 7 - First Day at School-1

The formal education building was a very large structure. When Demir entered the large doors of his school, he encountered a large lobby.

There was standing a very large statue in the middle of the lobby. It was a statue of a teacher with an opened book in one hand and a long-thin stick in the other. As Demir slowly moved towards the statue, he did not notice Durualp coming towards him.

- Good morning, Demir,

Iron, whose full attention was on the statue, answered involuntarily,

- Good morning,

- Nice sculpture, isn't it?

- Yes, it's beautiful, as if my teacher was standing in front of me.

- If you keep looking like that, you'll miss the lesson.

Hearing the word "lesson", Demir came back to reality. When he saw Durualp next to him,

- Good morning Durualp, I'm lost in thought, sorry, he said.

- Good morning, Demir. Your focus is good, but it's important in lessons. Let's go to class.

- I don't know which class is ours. If you know, I can follow you.

- Yes, I know. Let's go...

- Ok.

As Durualp and Demir headed towards the classroom, they continued to chat.

- As far as I learnt, our class is on the first floor. When we moved to the second class, we would go up to the second floor.

Demir raised his head and looked towards the mezzanine floors in the gallery space,

- This place looks like it has three floors. If we go up to the third floor for the third year, will we graduate from here at the end of three years?

- Hahahaha... (Durualp laughed sincerely) no, I heard that there are 12 years of education here. Although, there are those who complete the graduation requirements and graduate early. We can be one of those who work hard and graduate early...

Deep in thought, Demir followed Durualp without saying anything.

When they arrived at the amphitheatre-type classroom, Demir could not hide his surprise. He had never seen such a classroom before. There were 5 desks side by side, he counted the desks, 20 in total. Demir sat at the second desk in the middle, and Durualp sat at the desk next to him. They both chatted and waited for the time to pass.

When the bell rang, there were only two of them in the class. While Demir was wondering if there was no one else, a female teacher with a slim build, slightly tall, wavy blonde hair to her waist entered with Tauriel and a slightly red-skinned boy behind her. The children took their seats while the teacher put the things she had brought with her on her desk.

- Good morning children,

- (Demir) Good morning, my teacher,

When Demir answered the teacher, his other classmates looked at Demir in surprise. Before Demir could understand what was happening, the teacher continued.

- Today is the first day of school. I can forgive you for coming late, but if you are late again, you will not be able to attend my class, is that understood?

- Yes, my teacher,

Demir answered his teacher alone again.

- My name is Ayla. I am the teacher responsible for this special class. If you have a problem you cannot solve or something you want to consult, do not hesitate to come to me. I am here to help you, don't forget that,