Chapter 9 - Punishment

Demir returned to his room after dinner and sat at his desk to look at his newly purchased book. About this book, his teacher said, "I recommend you to read your book whenever possible and try to understand it."

He turned the book in his hand from side to side, examined it thoroughly, and then placed it on the table. "Now it's time to read this book. "As for whether I understand it or not, a book about nature shouldn't be a problem for a village boy like me," he said and opened his book and started reading.

The first page of the book... The name of the book was written in capital letters in the middle of the page, and the author's name was written in small letters a little below. Right next to it was a blue feather in an inkwell.

________________EXISTENCE and NATURE

________________Written by: Ink of the Blue Feather

"Ink of the Blue Feather" (strange name), he thought. But the sight of the blue feather in the inkwell was very beautiful. He turned the next page. The second page was the section where the preface was written. He had skipped these pages because he had read the first chapter in the morning's lesson. But now he started reading the book from the beginning...

...

When Demir turned the last page, the clock on the wall showed 04.12 at night. The last paragraphs of the 513-page book,

... ... ...after all this, I hope you work hard and succeed.

Understanding nature is not about understanding the living and non-living beings in nature one by one. Memorizing the laws does not mean feeling the wind, fire, water and earth. It is not about experiencing light and darkness.

To understand Nature is to breathe in the beauty of a whole, to live with Nature is to become one with it.

And remember that when you realize how powerful and sublime Nature is and get lost in the vastness of Nature, the power of Nature will become a part of you too. And when you finally master this power and begin to use it, use it for good and righteousness...

________________I've run out of things to write. Go and work hard...

...

Demir slowly closed his book and calmly stood up. After washing his hands and face in the bathroom, he put on his pajamas and lay down on his bed. He closed his eyes and tried to understand what he had just read as it passed before his eyes...

...

At 04.38 at night, feeling a faint vibration, Dean Noyan stood up and looked towards the dormitory. As he quickly left his room, he said, "My eyes are playing tricks on me, such a thing is not possible." He arrived at the dormitory two minutes later. When he entered, the night guards were waiting,

- What is the situation?

- Sir, we sent news to Ms. Esin and Chief Baran. Until they arrive, we will observe the child. But if you have an instruction, of course we will follow it. For now, a medical personnel and security personnel are waiting in front of the room.

Dean Noyan went up the stairs and came to Demir's room. He walked in and when he saw Demir sweating profusely in his bed, he thought (there is no such thing as impossible). Dean Noyan, who stood for a while and watched the boy's enlightenment, made his decision. Until the child's enlightenment is complete, no one should disturb him. That's why he was going to wait over the child.

He calmly walked to the desk and sat on the chair. While looking left and right, the textbook on the table caught his attention. He flipped through the pages of the book, thinking, "Why is this book so thick?" Dean Noyan, who got angrier as he looked at the book while saying another page, another page, closed the book in a rage. Immediately afterwards, the floor of the room began to tremble noticeably. He turned his head and looked at Demir. Demir's bleeding nose did not bode well at all.

When Dean Noyan stood up, Ms. Esin and Chief Baran also entered the room. Dean Noyan approached Ms. Esin, "If you want your valuable student to live, you must immediately put him in the healing capsule." He turned to Chief Baran, who was standing one step away, and said, "bring me Turan" and left the room with the book in his hand.

...

15 minutes later, Baran and Turan entered Dean Noyan's room. Dean Noyan showed the book in his hand to Head Instructor Turan and said,

- Turan, what is this book?

- Sir, as you know, the Existence and Nature textbook, which is among our standard courses to be taught,

- I know, I'm asking why it's so thick,

When Turan realized that Dean Noyan had examined the book, he made his statement without hiding anything,

- Sir, we had to suspend some of our lessons because you wanted to observe the child for a while longer. That's why I had to bring forward the advanced stages of existence and nature instead of the empty lessons...

- (Dean Noyan asked, looking at Turan carefully for a while) Let's say the child read the whole book, and understood some things. What do you think would happen in this situation?

Turan's eyes widened. While Dean Noyan was looking at blankly, Baran intervened angrily,

- Bringing forward the advanced stages? Are you crazy? (Pausing for a while, Baran asked Turan another question) Did you want to kill the child?

- No, I never intended to do so,

- Then why? You put the information given to senior students in front of the child, even though you knew that the child was far beyond his capacity. Why did you do it?

Sweating profusely, Turan defended himself.

- The lesson would be taught slowly. We would proceed within a certain program. How could I have known that he would read the entire book? Also, where was it seen the student who read the entire textbook on the first day? Unless you force or give homework, you won't even find a student looking at the textbook. We don't even know whether he understands it or not...

- You... You are doing all this on purpose, if you have a problem with me, speak openly...

Dean Noyan silenced everyone by slamming his hand on the table.

- Everything happened somehow. Stop arguing now. Now we just wait. (Turning to Turan) Your punishment will be determined depending on the child's condition, but before that, you need some training. Staying in the lightning chamber for 2 hours seems like it will be good for you...

When Dean Noyan turned around and headed towards the window, there was another slight tremor in the academy.

- Also, you are not allowed to use star liquid for 1 day after the punishment, he said angrily.

Baran's sly smile could be noticed as he took Turan out of the room. Of course, treating the child he chose like this should have been a punished...

Lightning room; In fact, this room was a training room used to help the person get used to lightning, understand the structure of lightning and become aware of its nature. But for this academy, which has had no students for a long time, it has been turned into a punishment room. Getting struck by lightning here would, at best, burn your veins and create a juniper leaf pattern on your body. What really hurts is that it completely cooks your skin... Head Instructor Turan moved step by step towards the punishment he did not oppose.

...

The officer on duty at the national earthquake center was looking at the record of tonight's earthquakes,

Earthquake date/time; Earthquake intensity; Depth;

18.09.2038 / 04:38:17 0.9 ---

18.09.2038 / 04:56:22 1.3 ---

18.09.2038 / 05:21:43 1.1 ---

"Theepicenter is the yellow plains, there was a superficial earthquake here 3months ago. These concussions are also insignificant. "It's probably aminor landslide," he said. He wrote the resulting records into theearthquakes list and closed the file...