Chapter 23 - Perception

Demir, who came to his house after the health check, was watching Kunt prepare dinner while telling him what he experienced during the test... Finally, he asked Kunt about something he did not understand,

- Actually, I made very good turns while in the air and adjusted my balance so that my feet were on the ground, but when I landed, my balance suddenly disappeared and I fell and rolled. I couldn't understand why it was like this. Do you know the reason, Kunt?

- (Kunt, who was chopping vegetables with a knife in his hand, paused for a while when he heard the question and finally turned to Demir and spoke) It was probably because of the rabbit on your lap. Since it added extra weight to you, your body could not react properly to it. To prevent you from experiencing this again, I will add extra weight and moving weight training options to your wind tunnel training. Make sure you study thoroughly.

- (Demir said with determination) Okay.

Demir, who trained in the wind tunnel with extra weights tied to his body after the meal, was very tired. After taking a bath, he barely threw himself into bed and immediately fell asleep due to exhaustion... The next day, when Demir woke up refreshed and came to his classroom in the formal education building, teacher Ayla came to the classroom right after him. He placed his belongings on his desk and walked towards his students and spoke,

- Good morning children. Today we will start a new topic. The name of this subject, which I think will be very useful especially in the tasks given to you by Instructor Sarp, is "Perception".

So "What is perception?" Do any of you know? (He continued speaking when no one speak anything) The transfer of the information we obtain from our environment through our sensory organs to our brain through our nervous system is called "Perception".

Remember that this information we acquire thanks to our five sense organs is called "primary perception" or "basic perception". So... What do we do with all this information that comes to our brain thanks to our first perception? (He continued after waiting a bit) If this information belongs to something we have experienced before, our brain will knowed to it immediately. If not, the information will be sent to the part of our brain that will be identified.

To give an example (He went to his desk and opened his tablet and played a high-pitched voice to the class). Now does anyone know what sound this is?

Demir had never heard this strange sound before. While he was about to ask Durualp what the sound was, he saw Durualp raise his hand. When he turned his head and looked at Tauriel, she was also raising her hand. When Ayla chose teacher Tauriel, Tauriel stood up and answered,

- This is the sound of a sandworm. It makes a sound like this when caught.

- Yes, you're right, Tauriel. As you can see, this is a response to information from your previous experiences. Even if it's just a single sound, your brain instantly identifies it when you hear it.

But do not forget that "even if all your sense organs show the same thing in your first perception, the truth can sometimes be something else." So never be careless. Always be alert and your senses open so that you can become stronger...

(Ayla teacher added after distributing small booklets containing the course topic to the students) Read your books carefully and try to understand them. You can ask questions about things you do not understand.

When all the students finished reading their booklets, it was break time. As teacher Ayla was leaving the classroom, she turned to Demir Durualp and asked,

- This is the first time I've heard of a lesson called perception. Durualp, have you heard of it before?

- Of course I heard. Everyone knows perception. It's actually very strange that you don't know this. Every 5-year-old has to know perception. Don't you know that they say the more you improve your perception, the stronger you will be?