Chapter 30 - Health Assessment

Demir, who had not spoken since he passed through the portal and entered the academy, came to his room after dinner and lay down on his bed. He was getting angry with himself when he thought about what he had experienced at the picnic. He forgot the fact that he had only had two months of training and was angry at his own inadequacy when he said,

- I worked so hard, but I still couldn't do anything but run. I couldn't even stop my fear. I am so pathetic, so... Who is it to catch up with Kutai, who am I...

The more Demir thought about it, the worse he felt. He could not sit still as his thoughts revealed to him the fact that he did not do anything. He jumped out of his bed and quickly ran out of this suffocating room. He first went to the living room and then to the kitchen, but couldn't find anyone around.

This confined space was suffocating him. That's why he couldn't stay at home and ran to the courtyard. When he stopped in the middle of the courtyard, he took a deep breath and turned his gaze to the sky. Demir, who watched the shining stars for a while, said with a longing coming from the depths of his heart,

- I wish I were a star too. If I were lost in the depths of space and if I had never experienced what I experienced...

When weakness and desire to escape from everything gave way to resentment and rage, Demir's looks also changed. When the rings of his amber eyes began to glow slightly blue, he raised his hand towards the stars and when he closed his palm tightly as if he had caught them, he said. "Or... I will be so strong that no one will dare to oppose me..."

The air around Demir cooled down for a moment and then returned to its previous state. Feeling a cool breeze touching his body, Demir calmed down a little and then left the courtyard and headed towards the warehouse to work in the wind tunnel.

When he saw Kunt Demir, who was standing at the entrance of the house and watching what was happening, heading towards the warehouse, he followed him silently. Demir took off his clothes until only his shorts were left at the edge of the wind tunnel and ran and jumped into the wind tunnel. Kunt looked at Demir, who disappeared in the darkness of the tunnel, for a while and then returned home. After a short while, he left the house again and set out towards Dean Noyan to tell him what happened at the picnic.

...

When Kunt knocked on the door of the room and entered, Dean Noyan welcomed Kunt expectantly.

- Welcome, Kunt. Come on... (Dean Noyan added when the two of them sat on the seats by the window) Now show me, how is the child's condition?

Kunt projected the video in his hand onto the window and they watched the video together. On the other hand, they were making comments about Demir's running speed and foot movements...

...

Having completed his routine training in the darkness of the wind tunnel, Demir loved float in the wind until the wind got stronger and he could pull himself out of the tunnel. He left himself to the cool touch of the wind and began to float silently in the air. On the other hand, he was thinking about what happened at the picnic...

It would never be the same again. He would not happen cling to others and prevent them, just as he clung to his father and caused his death. Still, he could do other things besides run, right? As the feeling of guilt took over him, Demir began to get angry at himself.

- Where am I making a mistake? I can't do anything but run... Should I have taken a knife like Kunt? But I don't know how to use a knife... I wish I had taken a tree branch like my sister. At least I would have been useful...

Thinking for a while with his head bowed, Demir corrected himself when he said "I will not be a burden to anyone from now on" and started the training he had completed with determination again. He would no longer float idly in the wind. He would work harder and get stronger as soon as possible. As his effort and determination increased, his working speed also increased. His whole body began to sweat as his anger towards himself was reflected in his actions. The hotter and sweatier his body became, the more determined he became.