Chapter 27 - Initial Assessment

Time passed with perception and perception enhancement classes in the morning, sandworm catching tasks in the afternoon, and wind tunnel training in the evening. As Demir's knowledge of aura increased, his unconscious wanderings in the sand sea decreased proportionally. Days later, he was finally able to predict the sandworms' whereabouts. He had seen worms in a few dunes he had dug, but he wasn't fast enough to catch them. As his knowledge, effort and determination increased, it became inevitable that he would get results, and Demir completed his task of catching the sandworm at the end of his twelfth day. Now he could do a new task like his other classmates...

...

There were various tests to increase perception for all students enrolled in the academy in the first year of the academy. These tests are conducted to reveal genius students who cannot improve themselves much due to their living conditions; It existed to make all students equal, regardless of religion, language, race and class.

It was not right to compare someone who was born in a noble family and was fed with all kinds of help, and someone who was born in an ordinary family and did not receive any help. But the situation could be different if these two competed on equal terms. It was best to select the geniuses among them and train them. Therefore, the academy teachers prepared many tests by which they could select genius students.

The person who evaluated and selected these students according to the classroom teachers' reports was Head Instructor Turan. He would evaluate the children's conditions every two months and report the successful students to Dean Noyan. Although it has not been two months yet, in accordance with Dean Noyan's request, Chief Instructor Turan prepared his report and left his room after Demir finished his task of catching the sandworm.

...

At the end of the greeting speeches, Chief Instructor Turan gave the documents in his hand to Dean Noyan and started his speech,

- Sir, as you know, we started classes about two months ago. Seventy-eight days have passed since we started classes. The child's progress during this time is well below average, as stated in the report.

Although he quickly memorizes theoretical information, he has problems putting it into practice. We think you're having some kind of implementation difficulty. The sudden advances he made before becoming a core student seem to have stalled now.

Their physical movements and physical reactions are quite slow. But in return, his determination and effort are very high. He has characteristics that we would call ordinary if it weren't for his this hard work.

In addition, he cannot achieve the expected success in practice courses. He was able to complete his last task in twelve days...

Although Chief Instructor Turan's speech saying "It was a mistake to choose this child" angered Dean Noyan, he did not say anything. While he was examining the report in his hand, the room door opened and Kunt entered the room. Kunt approached Dean Noyan and bowed slightly.

- Hello Supreme Master, (turning to Chief Instructor Turan and adding) hello Mr. Manager,

- (Dean Noyan) Welcome, Kunt. Come sit with us. (When Kunt sits down) Tell me, how is the child?

- Quite successful. I think we are lucky to find such a student...

- But Turan does not think like you. According to him, we found him a very mediocre student.

Although Chief Instructor Turan was startled by the conversation turning to himself, he could not say anything. It was best to wait to hear what this little sycophant had to say.

- (Kunt) Could such a thing ever happen? The child is very polite, gentle, respectful and honest, and also very hardworking. I have never seen him disrupt his education...