Chapter 22 - Small Success

Nurse Oya asked Demir, be late for lunch like yesterday, why the training was taking so long. After a few short explanations, Demir added,

- Sister, do you know? I was very scared when I fell into the pit for the first time, but... (Before Demir could continue speaking, nurse Oya stood up and intervened)

- What are you saying? Did you fall into the pit? How are you? Are you okay? Now, I'll check on you right away.

- No problem, sister. Do not worry, I'm fine...

- Where is this hole? Show me now. I'll go right now and cover it up, and you'll never fall in there again. Is it ok?

- ??

After lunch, they all came to the wind tunnel in the warehouse. Since he had told Nurse Oya what she had experienced along the way, Nurse Oya, who was now standing next to the pit, seemed calmer. But when he saw the deep darkness, his angry gaze met Kunt and he shouted in anger,

- How could you throw this gentle baby into such a dark pit? Weren't you afraid that you would fall and die or injure yourself somewhere? Would you look at the darkness of this, what kind of thoughtlessness is this... (Demir, Oya intervened by holding the nurse's hand)

- Sister, don't be angry. At first I was very scared and angry, but really this pit is not that bad. Even fun.

- Is it fun? This pit is very scary.

- No, it's not scary, sister. (Demir, looking at the pitch blackness of the pit, added) It's just a little unsettling and a little dark, that's all. Let me show you that it's not scary...

Demir let go of nurse Oya's hand and quickly jumped towards the pit. Nurse Oya, staring at Demir who had disappeared from sight, did not know what to do. He was about to jump into the pit after Demir, but Kunt stopped him. "Don't worry, nothing will happen, he will come soon," he said. After a while, a strong wind blew from the pit and brought Demir with it. Demir, who was floating in the air about 3 meters above, with his hands and feet open to the sides, looked at nurse Oya and said, "Look, sister, this is very fun, very nice."

Nurse Oya, who was surprised by Demir hanging in the air, smiled slightly when she looked more carefully at the similarity of Demir's stance to a frog. She was about to say, "Okay, you fly very well, come on, come next to us." But the wind in the pit suddenly stopped and Demir fell into the pitch darkness of the pit and disappeared from sight. When nurse Oya returned to Kunt,

- Let's go. I have work to do, I haven't cleaned up the kitchen yet. (Seeing Oya nurse's reluctance, Kunt added) He will come out of the pit in about 2 hours, then we will come again. There's no point in waiting here...

- How can you be so calm? If it falls at this rate, something will definitely happen to it. Any ideas on how we can help him?

- Calm down. The gravity of the wind tunnel is not that strong. Even a bit of wind can easily lift you into the air. Don't worry. Let's go now.

- ??

...

Demir, who trained in the wind tunnel all day, was very tired. While he was resting his body in bed after a nice and hot shower, he was also looking at the book of the celestial steps of the north wind. Even though Kunt's education was unusual, he thought he had gained a lot. When he wanted the tunnel to be brighter, Kunt said, "Think of it like closing your eyes. If it were brighter, you wouldn't be able to concentrate enough. I closed your eyes for you. "You just focus on the wind," he said. He relived the moments when he closed his iron eyes and surrendered to the wind. As the desire to fly increased within him, his dreams became unattainable and after a while he fell asleep from exhaustion.