Chapter 5 - Introduction To The Academy

World Date: September 15, 2038,

On the morning of Demir registration day, came to the administration building with the Nurse Oya. He had told Nurse Oya about everything he had been through and they had agreed to go together this morning.

The metal door, which was always closed whenever he came, was open this time. On the left side of the door was a guard with a spear. He spread danger around him with his black-purple dress and sullen face. A woman in a white-purple dress greeted them kindly at the door. While they were all entering the building together, Nurse Oya gave a little explanation about the building to Demir.

- Do you know, in the past, there were two soldiers with spears and shields on either side of the door. (Nurse Oya, pointing to some corners of the room and the mezzanine) There would be another one more here too...

Those old glorious days of the academy flashed before Nurse Oya's eyes. He smiled slightly and, leaving the past behind, he and Demir headed towards the registration counter.

There were not many people in the registration area. On the right side were two grown men talking to each other. Demir recognized them immediately. They were among those who came to the health center when he first woke up. Nurse Oya bowed her head and greeted them and then they continued walking.

Chief Baran and Atay continued the conversation after receiving the nurse's greeting,

- The meeting last night was very interesting, wasn't it?

- Yes... I thought it was going to be as usual, but the meeting exceeded my expectations. Ms. Esin gave detailed information, but I couldn't understand the situation even though I thought about it both during and after the meeting. I left it to time, I wonder what the outcome will be.

- We were already doing detailed observation. Maybe we could have give guidance once in a while. But I didn't think we would intervene directly either...

- ??

The two's gazes swept over the four children in the registration area, one by one...

...

After the slightly tall, stylishly dressed and noble-looking middle-aged man in front of them and the little girl aged 8-9 next to him completed the registration process, it was Demir's turn. They approached the registration desk. The countertop was quite high. From where he was, Demir could not see anything except the front face of the counter.

The registrar checked the general information of the two people on the holographic screen in front of him. In addition to all health information such as weight, height, gender, blood pressure and so on, all the equipment they were carrying, including the clothes they were currently wearing, were also listed on the screen.

- What is your name?

- Demir Han,

The registrar scrolled the screen and opened the latest student selection exam results. He looked for Demir Han's name on the list but couldn't find it. He got up from his chair and looked at Demir over the counter. In order to avoid mistakes, he did in tablet a face search for this unfamiliar student, but still couldn't find any results.

- Please give me your reference letter,

- ??

Nurse Oya leaned down and talked to Demir for a while, then turned to the registrar,

- We'll register within Dean Noyan's knowledge. Please register us, sir.

- I'm afraid I can't, ma'am. The boy is not among the winners of the student selection exam. If you don't have a reference letter, I can't enroll you.