Chapter 11 - Core Student

Demir, who was resting in his bed after dinner, pulled himself together and straightened himself in bed when he saw people entering his room. And with a smile on his face he welcomed Durualp and Tauriel who came to visit him.

- Hello Demir, how are you?

- (Tauriel) Hello...

- Welcome. I saw you, I'm better now.

- We tried to come to him several times, but our requests to meet were always rejected.

- (Tauriel) We were very curious about you...

- There's nothing wrong, right? (After taking a good look at Demir's left and right) nothing much can be seen from the outside. You seem to be in good health,

- I'm fine, don't worry. I'm a little tired. The nurse said it will pass when he rests...

- You didn't fall and hurt yourself, did you?

- No no. I lay in my bed at night and when I woke up, I saw I was here. Thinking that I was late for school, I felt dizzy as soon as I got out of bed. Nurse Oya helped me. He said I should rest well.

- You know you've been gone for 9 days, right?

- Yes I know. I've been here for 9 days. I can't believe it's actually been 9 days. It feels like 9 or 10 hours have passed to me. I feel like I slept a little too much...

- Anyway... You should come to school as soon as possible. Teacher Ayla was very upset when she couldn't see you. We are studying our lessons very slowly these days.

I think teacher Ayla is waiting for you to come. Our classes will most likely return to normal when you arrive.

- Okay, I will try to get well and come back immediately...

- ...

The group chatted some more and then said goodbye. When the children left the room, Demir felt better. "It's nice to be remembered, so is having friends," he said and turned his head and started looking out the window.

After a while, the jug full of water on the desk caught his attention. When his dream came to his mind, he started to think (I wonder if it would really work). As his gaze focused on the jug, he couldn't stop himself and got up from his bed and came to the desk. He sat down and poured himself a glass of water. He looked at the water in the plump glass, looked at it, finally lifted the glass and drank a big sip of water.

He couldn't go after the water himself like in his dream, but he could feel the coolness of the water as it moved through his body. After a while, the coolness disappeared from his lower abdomen. He took another sip... Another sip... Another glass of water and another huge gulp... In the end, he achieved nothing. He had no idea why it wasn't like his dream. He couldn't go after the water he drank, but it felt good to touch the coolness of his swollen belly filled with water.

He poured another glass of water. Then he brought the glass to his nose and smelled it. He shook the glass and watched the water swirl in the glass. He dipped his finger into the water and watched the water drip as he pulled it out... After many experiments, he got bored and went to the bathroom to get rid of his bloated belly. After a while, he took his favorite novel, lay down on his bed and started reading. Even though he read it many times, he could still read the book with enthusiasm. As time passed, his eyelids became heavy and he fell asleep...

2 days later...

After a deep sleep, Demir woke up refreshed and renewed. After breakfast and a final health screening, it was decided that he no longer needed to stay at the health center.