Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Kashine

Tour went on, and I went to each of their performances. I taught more girls in the audience how to dance, and the boys kept congratulating me after performances. The feeling I got when they did that was beyond exhilarating.

The boys gave me speaking lessons, and while that may sound kind of weird, I definitely needed them.

I needed practice into getting that taunting or sarcastic edge into my voice, and Louis helped me with that.

I needed to know how to speak matter-of-factly, and Liam helped me with that.

I needed to know how to joke around, and Niall helped me with that.

Zayn and Harry just helped me with speaking in general.

I couldn't get that stutter out of my voice, and it was starting to become annoying. I was starting to wonder if it would ever go away, or if I was stuck with it forever. I hoped not.

Thankfully the pain in my throat went away, but that's the only improvement.

We were in the States again, and I'm telling you, while I love Britain and all, nothing beats coming back home. I was nowhere near the State that I lived in, but it just felt great to be back in my home country.

Since I felt like I knew this place, I suggested that we go to the mall just to hang out or go shopping. The boys readily agreed.

You remember back in the very beginning when I first met the boys and I gave Louis a carrot? I was continuing that tradition here. It had been Simon's idea that I warm up to the boys with simple gifts, and while that was probably unnecessary now, I still wanted to reward the boys for everything they did for me.

I had secretly paid for Niall's meal at that Nando's, and I planned on telling him soon. Because what's the point of a gift if you don't even know about it?

I had bought Liam an engraved fork from Germany, and while that had seemed pretty stupid at the time, he loved it so much, I'm sure his like for me increased by twenty.

I'd be getting Zayn's and Harry's gifts today.

"This is how we'll do it," Liam said once we were in the mall. They were all wearing the disguises of mustaches, sunglasses, and hoodies, and I was the only one not disguised. At least, my face wasn't covered up.

"We'll split up," he continued. "That way, if one of us gets seen, it won't attract attention to the rest of us. Now, who wants to go with who?"

I immediately linked arms with Zayn, already knowing what I wanted to get him. I wasn't so sure about Harry yet.

"Aw," Niall complained. "You stole my choice." Me and Zayn smirked at him.

"Fine, I get Liam!" he yelled and linked arms with him.

"Sshh!" we hissed at him.

"Larry Stylinson is together again," Liam pointed out as Louis leaned on Harry's shoulder. "Come on, boobear," he said enthusiastically. "Let's go to the candy shop!"

"Oh no, not that again," Harry said, shaking his head as they walked away.

"Why not?" Louis whined, and then they were out of earshot, although it was pretty obvious that they were arguing.

"I'm going to the food court whether you like it or not," Niall told Liam and he dragged him away.

"It's just us now," Zayn said. "If you don't mind, I would like to go over there." He pointed to some men's beauty store. I rolled my eyes and giggled. "Of c-course y-you would," I teased and we headed over there. Everything was going according to plan.

Once inside, Zayn materialized over to the hair products, me a little slower but right behind him. "R-run out of h-hairspray?" I asked him as he seemed to be observing that particular item.

"Yeah," he said, glancing at me. "My favorite kind is here, but it's so expensive!"

I looked at it. Seventeen dollars a can! Holy crap. While he wasn't looking, I grabbed three and went over to the counter. A young woman was reading a magazine, but when she saw me she quickly put it away. I had no idea why a woman was working in this store when there's a women's one right across the hall but I didn't ponder it for too long.

"Hello, how may I help you?" she asked kindly.

"I-I would l-like these, please," I said, putting the cans on the counter. As she rang them up, she glanced at me. "These aren't for you, I assume," she guessed as she put them in a bag.

I nodded. "They're for m-my f-friend over th-there," I said in a whisper, pointing to Zayn. He was still looking.

"Oh," the woman said, also whispering, and nodded in understanding as she gave them to me. "He'll be pleasantly surprised. This is the best hairspray we've got!"

I smiled. "I-I think h-he already k-knows that," I said.

I went back over to Zayn and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and saw me. "Hey, Kashine. I just can't decide--" He stopped when he saw the bag in my hands. "What did you buy?" he asked. "This is for men, not women."

I opened up the bag and showed him. His eyes widened. "What... Kashine, why would you do that?" he asked. "These are so expensive!"

I winked. "I'm j-just doing w-what S-Simon told me to," I said and forced the bag into his hands. "He told you to buy me hairspray?" Zayn asked dubiously. I laughed. "It's a-a l-long story," I said.

We went to the food court to find Liam and Niall since I didn't feel the need for anything, and we found them standing in a very long line for Jimmy John's Subs.

"Y-you like s-subs?" I asked Niall in surprise. He jumped and spun around, relaxing when he saw who it was. He shrugged. "Eh, they're okay," he said. "I just want to see if they are as fast as they say they are."

"Th-they are," I assured him.

"Where's Louis and Harry?" he asked as we left the line. I shrugged. "We don't know," Zayn said. "They must still be in the candy store or wherever."

Just then we heard a lot of stomping feet. "F-fans?" I whispered to them.

Liam frowned. "I don't think so," he said honestly. "Too little feet to be fans. It could be Harry and Louis, or just some people passing by." I relaxed.

It did turn out to be Harry and Louis. They stampeded into view, and we all gasped. Harry looked beyond pissed, and Louis was coated in chocolate. Literally, COATED. Behind them a few security guards were yelling and running after them. Liam groaned. "We're in trouble," he said.

"Go, go, go!" Harry shouted breathlessly and we all took off, running in full circle so we could turn back around to get to the entrance and escape.

"I'm not even going to ask," Niall said. "Not until we're in the car, anyway."

I'm a slow runner, and not even the prospect of security guards behind me could motivate me to run faster.

"Come on," Harry panted and grabbed my hand, pulling me forward.

Liam was holding the door open for us, pushing us all inside. "Hurry!" he shouted to me and Harry, and we bundled inside.

"Step on it!" we yelled at the driver, and he did. As we sped off, one of the guards yelled, "And don't come back!"

Niall face-palmed. "They had to chase us around just to tell us that?!" he exclaimed. "Idiots."

Louis sucked on his thumb. "I taste good," he said satisfactorily.

"Why are you covered in chocolate?!" Liam shouted at him.

Louis glared back at him. "No need to shout," he scowled. "I'm sitting right next to you."

"We were in the candy store," Harry began, but he was interrupted by Zayn. "I thought you weren't going to the candy store," he said.

"I went there myself and Harry followed," Louis chirped and continued to taste himself.

"So anyway," Harry took over again. "We were observing, and for some incredibly odd reason, there were these really huge vats full of chocolate in the store. And so naturally Louis tripped--"

"Or did I?" Louis asked, giggling and raising his eyebrows. Harry narrowed his eyes. "I swear," he growled. "If you fell on purpose I will personally murder you in your sleep." Louis went back to licking himself. "And of course the store called up some security guards and you all know the rest," Harry finished. I giggled.

Niall scraped some chocolate off of Louis' arm and licked it. "Yeah, you do taste good," he agreed and helped Louis clean himself. "G-gross," I said, giggling again.

I paced in my room. I had Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis all figured out. I just couldn't figure out what I should surprise Harry with.

I didn't know his favorite things all that well, and same thing with his dislikes.

What would Harry want? That was the question.

I took out my journal and read all the pages that were One Direction-related, hoping it would give me some kind of clue of what Harry was all about. Only one thing stuck out to me: he was a ladies' man.

I slammed the journal shut. Of course! How could I not figure it out before? If he treats girls like they're everything, why shouldn't he be treated the same way?

I reopened my journal and began to write down and study my plan. I planned out two events, the same things that he would surprise a girl with, and I mixed it up a bit. I was pretty sure he'd enjoy this.

I smiled as I snuggled into bed that night. Let the plan commence.