Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Kashine

"Da dada da daaa," I sang randomly as I entered the kitchen. Who knew singing was so enlightening?

"What song is that?" Liam asked, looking up.

"Da da da da," Niall said. "Couldn't you tell?"

I giggled and went over to the cupboard for a snack. But arms suddenly wrapped around my waist and pulled me downwards into someone's lap. I twisted around to see who: Harry.

He grinned at me, and I made myself comfortable: wiggling my butt and settling back so that my long hair was in his face and he was practically suffocating.

"Ah! Get off me!" he yelped and pushed me off. I stuck my tongue out back.

"You're the one who put me there in the first place!" I retorted.

All of our troubles were to the side. We were in the kitchen of the ultra expensive hotel that Simon found for us, and he told us that he had some important news for us.

We were closer to my hometown than ever now, and I was pretty sure that some girls from my school would be at the boys' next concert.

Me and Harry had not discussed my rejection, and I planned on keeping it that way. And Harry didn't seem to be holding a grudge, much to my relief.

The phone rang. "Simon!" the boys shouted.

"I'll get it!" Zayn declared, but tripped over Niall's stuck-out foot.

"I'LL get it!" he shouted and picked it up. "Hello?" he said calmly. He listened for a moment, and the rest of us closed in on him, trying to hear.

"Okay," Niall said. "I'll tell them. See you soon, Uncle Si." He hung up.

"What!" we shouted at him.

"Are we seriously going to see him soon?" Liam asked excitedly.

"Sure as heck," Niall replied confidently. "But he didn't sound very happy. I don't think he has very good news." That quieted us down.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on our door. "I'll get it!" five boys chorused again.

As they tackled each other, I calmly went over to the door and answered it. Simon smiled down at me and looked over my shoulder. "Hello, Kashine," he said. "How are you?"

"Good, thanks," I replied. He already knew that I could talk. When I told him, he acted like the proudest father in the world.

"I can see that you've got your hands full," he added, nodding towards the boys.

I shrugged. "Eh, they're not always like this," I said.

"Uncle Simon!" they shouted and attacked him in a hug. I grinned as they completely smothered Simon in a group hug. And the funny thing was, he didn't seem the slightest bit annoyed!

"It's good to see you too, boys," he said and gently detached himself from them. "As Niall has probably told you, I don't have very good news."

"What is it?" Liam asked anxiously.

"Did Nando's close?!" Niall screamed in a panic.

"Is our concert cancelled?!" Zayn cried.

"Do we have to go home?!" Harry shouted.

"Carrots!" Louis yelled.

"Calm down," Simon ordered and they did. I'll admit, I was a bit worried myself. I hoped it was none of those things the boys had said, excluding Louis.

"It doesn't have anything to do with your tour," he said as they sat down. "Or carrots," he added.

"Good," Liam sighed. I wasn't sure if he meant the tour or the carrots.

"But it does concern your 'C'mon, C'mon' music video," Simon said.

"Uh oh," Zayn muttered.

"Whoa, wait, hold up," I said, holding up my hands. "What's this about a music video?"

Simon grinned at me. "You may be happy to hear that we're using your tactics for the boys' next big music video," he said. "The dance moves, the settings, everything. Even the girl."

"Really?" I squeaked. "That's wonderful!"

My music video for "C'mon, C'mon" is (in my opinion) one of my best. It involves the boys in a club singing, and there's a beautiful girl that Harry has his eye on. Listen to the song and you might know what I mean. Here's a hint: "Every step I take, I'm feeling more and more. She's calling out. She's a lucky girl! My heart is racing, she's turning around. I reach for her hand, and I say--" Yeah, that's why Harry gets the girl.

"But here's the bad news," Simon grimaced. "The main girl has come down with the flu, and now we might have to cancel the music video."

"What!" Louis shouted. "You can't do that!"

"Yes, we can," Simon countered. "Without the girl we can't do the video. Unless...."

"Unless?!" we all shouted at him, even me. I HAD to see this video. In real life! Oh wow, this was going to be so epic.

"Unless," Simon said. "We find another actress in time, which is highly unlikely. We need a beautiful girl who can act, dance, and maybe even sing. How will we find someone like that by tomorrow at this time?!"

"Well, I can think of someone," Harry said slyly.

"Me too," Louis said.

"Me three," Niall said.

"Me four," Zayn said.

"Me five," Liam said.

"Really? Who?" Simon asked, but then the answer seemed to dawn on him too. All of their heads turned in my direction. I looked behind me, but there wasn't anyone there. But that meant....

"Oh no," I said, shaking my head. "I'm not doing that."

"Come on, Kashine!" Zayn pleaded.

"And dance with me, baby!" Niall sang and high-fived with Louis.

Ugh, I loved that song so much, and it would be a huge honor, but I couldn't. I would probably mess up, or someone would recognize me, or.... Actually, those were the biggies.

"But I can't sing," I protested.

"You were just singing before," Louis pointed out.

"I sounded awful," I said.

"Bullshit," Harry muttered.

"Language!" Simon yelled at him.

"You can act, sing, and dance," Liam listed. "You're perfect for this!"

But I shook my head. "What if I mess up?" I asked nervously. "What if someone sees the music video and recognizes me? What if--"

"Kashine, you won't mess up," Zayn said confidently. "You're the greatest actress I've ever seen! And wouldn't it be a good thing if someone recognized you?"

They didn't get it. They didn't understand. What if that someone was Miley? Her jealousy would just fuel her hatred towards me, and my punishment would be even more severe.

But then.... I had my voice. That may seem like a little thing to some people, but to those who knew my mute self this would be explosive. If Miley decided to give me trouble, I'd retaliate with not just my fists, but with my voice too.

I sighed. "Fine, I'll do it," I said.

"YAY!!" they whooped and engulfed me in a hug.

"Okay, that's enough!" I choked. "You're killing me!"

They let go, but Harry still sat closely next to me.

"I'll tell Lou to expect a new girl," Simon said, smiling. "You'll do great, Kashine. I know it."