Chapter 48 *Just For Fun ;)*

Kashine

Can you believe it?! We're actually in my hometown! Unfortunately for me, Simon wouldn't let me visit my parents, and I couldn't find any tickets to the next concert for them. It had sold out in under five minutes! It was so sold out, in fact, that not even Simon or the boys could find me any tickets.

I was feeling pretty disheartened, but then I realized that there was a water park nearby. And I loved water parks. And it didn't take much persuading for the boys to come with me, even Zayn.

I tapped my bare foot impatiently against the rock ground. The decor of this water park was to make you feel like you were in the wilderness. Trust me, I'd been there many times before with these boys. I didn't need any more of it.

"Come on!" I shouted impatiently at the boys' locker room. "We ain't got all day!"

Four giggling figures rushed out. Harry was holding the towels, Louis was holding pants and boxers and shirts, and Niall was holding swimming trunks. Liam was holding nothing, but he was smirking.

I frowned. "Where's Zayn?" I asked.

They didn't reply, only snickered. I sighed, shaking my head and pinching the bridge of my nose. I felt like Simon. "Oh no...." I muttered.

"BOYS!!" Zayn roared from inside the locker room and the others burst out laughing. "Give me back my clothes!" he hollered. "Or at least something!"

"I'm sure no one wants to see your manhood either, Zayn!" I shouted back. "Stop scarring little boys!" I doubted they would be scarred, but I know someone else would. "Niall!" I snapped. "Give Zayn back his swimming trunks! I want to go swimming NOW!!"

"Fine, fine," he grumbled and tossed them inside.

"Thank you!" Zayn sighed.

Louis tossed the clothes back. "Party pooper," he pouted at me. I flicked his jutting lip. "Let's go!" he shouted, and the boys ran out of the changing section and into the actual water park.

I waited "patiently" for Zayn to finally come out of the dressing room. After way longer than it should take for a boy to change into swimming trunks, he finally did.

"What took you so long?" I demanded. "Don't tell me you had to fix your hair first."

He scowled again but didn't answer. I entered the water park, him right behind me.

I breathed in the scent of chlorine and allowed the adrenaline to run through my veins. I love swimming. Almost as much as I love dancing.

I took a running start into the pool and cannonballed, promptly splashing Zayn. "Hey!" he shouted, but I ignored him.

Someone--or something--squeezed my butt, and I shot out of the water like a rocket. Louis popped up and laughed at me.

"Oh, it's on, fish boy," I growled and leaped at him. I tried dunking his head underwater, and I swear the lifeguard turned his head on purpose. Then Louis tried dunking me, and the lifeguard blew his harsh whistle and shook his head.

Louis rolled his eyes. "One of the things I absolutely hate," he said. "A male lifeguard and a girl in a bikini in a confined space."

I slapped his arm and covered my exposed stomach. The lifeguard winked at me.

Zayn dipped his toe in and quickly withdrew it. "I think I'll sit out," he said loudly.

"Don't be such a big baby, Zayn," I told him. "Even little kids can swim." I pointed to a little boy that was snorkeling nearby.

Zayn scowled again. He's scowling too much. "I don't care," he said. "I don't like water, and water doesn't like me. And that's how it should stay."

"Here, I'll teach you," I offered. He raised his eyebrows. "Teach me to swim?" he scoffed. "Um, no thanks."

"Please?" I begged. "It'll be fun. Swimming is easy."

He sighed. "Fine," he mumbled and got down on his butt to slide inside. "It's cold," he complained.

"So is the fridge," I retorted. "But you're not scared of that. Be a man and come in." He rolled his eyes.

"Incoming!" Niall shouted as his head shot up out of nowhere from the water. Zayn shrieked and scooted back. Niall laughed and he blushed. "Stop it," he grumbled.

"Yeah, Niall, stop it," I said sharply and slapped his head. Then I shoved him underwater and he swam away.

Zayn watched him go forlornly. I snapped my fingers in his face. "Concentrate, man, concentrate!" I snapped. He glared at me. "What happened to the old Kashine?" he asked as he unwillingly got into the water. "I miss her."

I stuck my tongue out back. "She'll come back once she's happy," I said. "Right now she's impatient because the scaredy cat won't get in!"

"Hey!" Harry yelled from a few feet away. "You do not insult cats!"

"Just did!" I retorted and turned back to Zayn. He was standing in the water and obviously didn't like it. He shifted from foot to foot.

"Okay," I said. I'd never taught someone how to swim before. What should I say? What should I do? I decided to go with my gut.

"Um, I don't know exactly how to put this into words, but just... float," I instructed and let up on all of my weight so that I was swimming.

Zayn tried, but immediately stuck his feet out. "Nope," he said, shaking his head. "Not gonna do it."

"If you were drowning, would you rather drown or swim?" I asked. He gave me a smartass look. "Didn't you just answer that question yourself?" he pointed out.

"You would swim, moron!" I cried and sighed. I was extremely impatient today. I just wanted to swim.

"Okay," I repeated. "Just... let up on your weight. Try a doggy paddle. Anybody can do that."

I paddled my hands so that I was keeping my head above the water. I decided to paddle my feet too because I found myself dragging downwards. I stopped and waited for Zayn to copy me. He didn't. I rolled my eyes.

"Would it help if I held your hand?" I asked. I was half-joking, but he mumbled sheepishly, "Yes." I face-palmed.

"Let me help," Liam said, swimming up to us. "Kashine's right, Zayn, swimming isn't all that hard."

"Most animals can swim as babies," I quoted Sid from Ice Age. Of course, that was a lie, but I pretended Diego was Zayn. They surprisingly had a lot in common.

Liam gave me an odd look before looking back at Zayn. "Paddling is easy," he instructed. "Look at Niall."

He pointed and we looked. Niall was splashing around in the shallow end, and we watched as Harry snuck up behind him underwater and totally scared the chiz out of him. I laughed.

"Fine, I can do that," Zayn said confidently.

"Liar," a voice accused and we looked up. Louis sat down next to us on the pool's edge.

"I can too do that," Zayn argued.

"Then do it," Louis smirked.

"Fine," he repeated and plunged himself into the water. My eyes widened as we watched him paddle around. Wow, he could do it.

"Go, Zayn!" I cheered.

Louis shrugged nonchalantly. "I knew he could do it," he said. "He just needed the extra boost."

"Well, thanks for it," I told him gratefully. He smiled back. "No problem," he said and jumped in. "Now if you don't mind," he said, sweeping his hair back with his hand. "I'm going to go scare the shit out of Zayn." He swam away underwater.

"Oh no, you don't!" I yelled and me and Liam chased after him. But running doesn't get you anywhere in water.

"SHARRRRRK!!" a voice screamed and quick as lightning Zayn was out of the pool and sitting as far away from it as possible. I think it was obvious he wasn't going into the pool for the rest of the day.

Louis was nearby choking because he had swallowed some water while laughing. I attacked him, and we both went underwater.

When we resurfaced the other boys were laughing at us, excluding Zayn, who had bloody murder in his eyes. Good luck to you, Louis Tomlinson.

Author's Note (I recommend you read this):

Hello, my readers, my beauties, my beasts! I can't believe you continued reading this, after what I had done to Karry (Kashine/Harry). Teehee. But don't worry about that, it'll all come around in the end. I'm considering making a sequel, but probably not. Sequels are such burdens!

But that's not what I made this for. For those of you who have already read "Secret Sister" (my other fanfiction), you know that Delilah Payne has a Twitter account called @1Dee_Lily. Guess what? It's REAL!! The whole crew is there: Maddy, Kashine, Zaylin, Delilah, all of them! And we're gonna keep you updated on the latest 1D news and jokes! So give us a follow! We would greatly appreciate that.

-Kate Schwarzenegger ;)