(12) Trichristmas Holidays

The train ride back to King's Cross Station was nothing out of the ordinary. There were no more Dementor attacks, or inconvenient train stops because of Merlin-knows-what. Penelope Clearwater had sat with her sister in their compartment, the three understanding that Percy and herself had some sort of row since neither could look at each other properly.

Percy had passed by their compartment several times, peering at Penelope—who would stare at him for a few seconds before turning the opposite direction, a revolting look on her face. Nicolai wanted to gag due to their insufferable Lover's quarrel. Eventually, after Percy passed by their compartment for the twenty-second time, Penelope finally cracked and bursted into tears.

"Okay, why are you crying?" groaned Nicolai as she looked at her sister weirdly, whereas Alexander and Florence shifted awkwardly in their seat. "I-I just. He's just too much sometimes—" Penelope choked out, rapidly wiping her tears before they got anywhere near her cheeks. Instead of comforting her sister who was having an emotional meltdown infront of her, Nicolai did nothing but give her eyerolls every minute.

Florence gave her a look, before talking to the Head Girl herself.

"Penelope—er, what— what exactly happened with you and Percy?"

"Nothing did!" she exclaimed, more tears being shed as she said so, "It's just, It's just he gets too thick and bossy all the time, and—and I'm sick of it, I've been trying to suppress it for a long time. He bosses me around as if I'm not Head Girl."

Everyone was silent, not exactly sure what they were going to say.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry for being so whiny and—" "Extremey noisy." added Nicolai, the Head Girl nodding, "Yeah, and that, too."

The rest of the train ride was dead silent, all Nicolai, Florence and Alexander could do was shoot each other sympathetic looks. They were more than glad as soon as the conductor announced their arrival, immediately taking their baggage and rushing out of the train. There waited for them was Mrs. Price, Mr. and Mrs. Clearwater, Mr. Haddlowe, Adrianna and Asher.

The younger Haddlowe immediately tackled his brother into a hug, whereas Alexander's sister had immediately went to greet Florence, seeing as they were very close friends. Nicolai stood awkwardly between two pairs of people hugging, opening her arms wide open before making her way over to Alexander's dad.

"Welp, that was a strong indication that none of your other children like me much. Always so nice to see you, Jay." she said sarcastically, Mr. Haddlowe chuckling before receiving her hug.

"Oh don't think I didn't miss you too!" said Adrianna, who ruffled Nicolai's hair. It was one of the perks of being about a foot taller. "Could never forget that favor you did for me." she winked, before enveloping her into a hug.

"Xander, I love your sister." she sighed happily.

"Be her schoolmate then, you go along just fine." he murmured. Last Christmas was an absolute nightmare, Nicolai had fitted stink pellets into Alexander's snow globe (per Adriana's orders), causing it to explode in his face. "Alright," clapped Jane, getting everyone's attention. "Why don't we all get back now? It's getting quite cold out here. I've prepared hot chocolate and eggnog at home."

Grabbing on to an adult, they all apparated to the Price mansion.

They were given a few moments to themselves to unpack and change. The first thing Florence had done right after she shut her room close was to whip out her protean—which had been sitting in her pocket for the whole train ride. She was hoping that she'd atleast get a message from him on the train, but she hadn't.