Only One - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1348
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson
Warnings: swearing, fighting, capturing, guns
Requested by anon
Summary: You and Bucky are on a mission to an abandoned HYDRA base, which turns out to be not what anyone expected. 
Author's Note: I had a ton of fun with this one. Again, not totally specified timeline, but Bucky is ~chill~ and works with the Avengers, by HYDRA wants him still.

*Edited*

---

"Where did you go?" Bucky's voice rang through your ear.

"You said to go right; where did you go?" You asked back.

"I thought I said left," He sighed, "Let's meet back up."

"No, no, us splitting up will work fine." You told him. "We 'll be able to cover more ground that way." You said as you made your way through the forest.

"But-"

"I'll be fine, Bucky. I can defend myself. I am on this team after all." You smiled.

He sighed. "Alright, be careful."

"Same to you, Barnes."

You walked through the quiet forest in hopes of getting into the HYDRA base. At first, you were confused why only you and Bucky were assigned to this mission, but then you found out that it was a small, abandoned base. The mission was to make sure that no strays were hanging around and to see if they left any information behind.

It seemed easy enough. You two were going to look around outside first, just to be safe before going into the base. And currently, you were walking around in the nearby woods to get a different look. You found a few knives lying around and some bugs. Other than that, nothing. But you were pretty sure you saw a spider carrying a finger. You didn't look at it for that long, though.

Once you had circled, you decided that it was probably time to group up with Bucky. "Bucky," You said into your comm. "You about done? My side's clear, ready to go inside."

"Yeah, I'll be back in a minute. Just hang out." He said quickly. "I found a gun. You?"

"Nothing important." You shrugged.

Something grabbed your wrist, and before you could scream, a hand clamped over your mouth.

They grabbed your hands and made you drop your weapon, and they were holding you tightly up against their chest.

"Wow, you'd never think you'd see an Avenger so close to a HYDRA base all alone." It was a man holding you.

"Must have bought the trick that this place was abandoned." This time, it was a woman's voice.

"Who cares how we got them? We got them!" A different man's voice spoke. "Get them inside; we'll need this one to give us all the information they have."

They started to drag you, and you tried to kick your way free. It seemed like there was no getting out of this one, but you needed to at least tell Bucky what was happening.

"(Y/N)?" His voice scared you. "What is all that noise?"

You had to act quickly. You bit the hand that was over your mouth. "Son of a bitch!" He yelled and yanked his hand away.