Brooklyn Baby - Bucky Barnes & Reader

Words: 757
Pairing: Bucky Barnes & Reader

Featuring: Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton

Warnings: yell-fighting, swearing

Requested by anon
Summary: Based on Brooklyn Baby by Lana Del Rey, you and Bucky cannot stand each other and the rest of the team is about to lose it.

Author's Note: A bit shorter, but I think it's funny. Platonic here! As always song lyrics are italics.

*Edited*

---

"They think I don't understand!" You complained to Natasha.

"Who are we talking about again?" Natasha yawned.

"Are you seriously not paying attention?" You slapped her shoulder. "I'm talking about Bucky and Steve."

"Awe, are you talking about me?" Bucky smirked as he walked into the common room, where you were complaining; his smirk quickly turned into a scowl towards you.

"Awe, you think I care about you!" You laughed and rolled your eyes.

Natasha looked down at her phone, "Emergency call, see you later. Don't kill Bucky."

"No promises."

"So, what's your problem?" Bucky sat down across from you.

"My problem? What's yours?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't believe I have a problem."

"You say I'm like the ice I freeze," You crossed your arms.

"What? You are; how is that rude?" Bucky started to defend.

"Ice is cold. Are you calling me cold?" You were getting angry.

"You are not wrong," Bucky nodded towards you.

"See, that's your problem; you are so rude to me!"

"I speak the truth, darling."

"You are so unreasonable!" You stood up as you shouted.

"Me? Speak for yourself!" Bucky was now standing too.

"I don't believe I have a problem," You smirked as you used Bucky's words against him.

"Oh yeah?" He raised an eyebrow, "You're always pulling shit with me, trying to grind my gears and make me act out, just for your own entertainment!" Bucky shouted.

"Guys!" Clint came running into the common room, where he heard all the yelling coming from.

You and Bucky backed away from each other as you met eyes with Clint. "What is going on?" Clint asked.

"Natasha left us alone. Not her best idea," You clarified.

"You think?" Bucky glared.

"Oh my gosh," Clint sighed, "Why can't we drop all these dumb fights that have been going on for months now and actually try to be friends, or at least civil?" Clint tried to reason, and his fatherly instincts of breaking up fights seemed to be kicking in, as he does have a son and a daughter.

Bucky crossed his arms and glanced at you, "First off, that will never happen. Reason one, they judge me like a picture book."

You crossed your arms to match him and looked from Bucky to Clint, "Reason two, I think we are like fire and water." You finished.

Clint closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Stop acting like children. You both are adults that do not need to be bickering like fourth-graders."

You nodded, "Then tell Bucky to stop treating me as less than I am."

"Tell him yourself, he's right there, and you are capable of talking," Clint had his arms crossed too.

Bucky rolled his eyes when you didn't say anything, "Tell (Y/N) that I don't bite unless they give me a reason to."

"Again, they are right there. Use your words and talk," Clint went to go walk out of the room but stopped right before turning, "I do not want to have to come back."

You and Bucky sat back down on the couch and didn't say one word. Silence was in the air for a few minutes as you were trying to gather your thoughts to figure out what to say. You took a deep breath before speaking, and the noise of your breath caught Bucky's attention, making him look up at you.

"Look," You started as you were freaking out in your head, "You're burning up, I'm cooling down, you're up, I'm down, you're blind, I see."

"Your point?" Bucky raised his eyebrows, curious about what you had to say for once.

"We don't mix well together. All we ever do is fight," You told him, and you received a nod from Bucky, "But it's driving everyone insane, and for the sake of keeping the team together, we should call a truce."

Bucky nodded, but he didn't say anything. "I would want nothing more than to take you down in a fight and punch you in the middle of your face to show you your place, but then that would just cause an unwanted amount of shit and drama."

Bucky nodded again, "You want to dial everything down."

"By a hundred notches, or else everyone is going to kill us before we even get the chance to kill each other," You told Bucky and held out your hand, "Do we have a deal?"

Bucky snuck a small smile, the first one in a while to be towards you, "We have a deal."