Chapter 25// "You pushed the girl you are 'supposedly in love with' out a tree"

Chapter 25// "You once pushed the girl you are 'supposedly in love with' out a tree"

I'm still breathing deeply from Elliott's exceptional kiss, I'm trying to avoid the stares from everyone that is until I see my brother standing in the front of the crowd.

His expression is beyond bewilderment and there's a tinge of pain and disgust in his face along with a whole lot of anger.

Elliott's grip around my waist tightens as if I'm about to be taken away from him.

Daniel takes a couple of steps forward, he's slowly closing the gap between the 3 of us, the way he's glancing at Elliott and me, it's as if he doesn't recognise us.

I'm holding my breath not looking forward to my brother's reaction. Daniel and Elliott had always been best friends, they're practically brothers. I never wanted to be the one to ruin that. 

"Dan..." Elliott begins but Daniel's having none of it. Daniel raises his fist and aims exactly for Elliott's sharp cheekbone. 

I feel pushed aside and I lose my balance only to fall on to the ground. When Daniel's punch is inches away from Elliott's beautiful face, Elliott swerves his head downwards to avoid it. 

Elliott's swift movement seem to aggravate Daniel even more, and my brother currently looks like a raging bull.

"Are you actually joking me Elliott. Cress, of all people you chose my sister? When there are so many other fucking girls in the world" Daniel rages. I get myself back up brushing my jeans down and glare at the both of them.

"You don't get it, it's different it feels better than any fling" Elliott replies, which makes my heart flutter.

Daniel looked like he's about to be sick "Feelings? Where did you suddenly find them Elliott?"

Elliott begins to protest but Daniel doesn't give him the opportunity. 

"We have been though everything together man, since we were kids, and I know you better just as well as I know myself. You don't do feeling. You don't do the whole relationship think. So what is this, a fuck and run?" Daniel is pretty much stating what everyone else is thinking. Elliott has never really cared anything and now he is suddenly saying that he has feelings for me?

"You know that if you break her heart, I will have to break every bone in your body, and that will break my heart" Daniel's voice is strained and for a second I feel bad, as though I'm taking something special away from him.

"But I won't break her heart" Elliott adds, his voice low "I swear I'd never do that to you"

"Come on Daniel let's just leave it," I say kindly, and its as though everyone's eyes snap in my direction to look at me as though they've forgotten I'm even here.

"Crescent don't you dare speak and when we get home you are in a shit load of trouble" Daniel warns harshly, he grabs on to my arm like he's about to drag me away.

Elliott tenses next to me as if his calmness has suddenly disappeared.

Daniel looks me straight in the eye. "Cress he's going to use you and throw you away, how are you any different from all the other girls, there is nothing special about you. How can I let you date the boy that tormented you all your life?"

"That's rich isn't it" Elliott laughs coldly, his tone from before completely changing "Am I right or did you or did you not date Aribella the girl who has been practically making your sister's life a living hell for god knows how long"

"Don't you dare compare yourself to anyone else"

"Dan, you might be my best friend, but what kind of a brother are you?Actually let me answer that, a shit one. Do you even know why Aribella, Winter and Crescent stopped being friends? No you don't!"